Problem regaining Pressure Sensitivity after switching apps Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Problem regaining Pressure Sensitivity after switching apps

Post by Soom »

I'm on iMac OS Yosemite, Cintiq 22", latest Wacom driver.
Recently I started to encounter this strange problem on my Cintiq - if I switch to another program, then return to TVPaint, the Pressure Sensitivity of the Wacom Pen is lost. It happens randomly. I tried to update Wacom Drivers to the latest, restarting the computer, nothing helps.
The pressure sensitivity comes back eventually after some random time and playing around in TVPaint... Interestingly if I put the pen on my Intuos tablet, the pressure sensitivity is immediately regained, and I can draw again normally on the Cintiq.
very frustrating, didn't have it before, but I wasn't working on the Mac for a long time, maybe some updates happened since then, not sure...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Soom

Re: Problem regaining Pressure Sensitivity after switching apps

Post by Soom »

Ok, solved this one by simply raising the pen from the Cintiq, then putting it back on.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

I think its a simple case of the mouse driver taking over... I have the same problem when switching to any other program, then back to TVP. The brush often displays at maximum size.

Touching the tip of the stylus (i.e. the screen cursor) in TVP, but outside the project area, re-activates the pressure sensitivity and I'm good to go. BTW, you may also inadvertently have the mouse driver momentarily take over from the stylus by moving the mouse after you return to TVP, and if you do this while drawing, the line you are drawing may spike to the edge of the project window...

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Soom

Post by Soom »

Svengali wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 13:37 I think its a simple case of the mouse driver taking over... I have the same problem when switching to any other program, then back to TVP. The brush often displays at maximum size.

Touching the tip of the stylus (i.e. the screen cursor) in TVP, but outside the project area, re-activates the pressure sensitivity and I'm good to go. BTW, you may also inadvertently have the mouse driver momentarily take over from the stylus by moving the mouse after you return to TVP, and if you do this while drawing, the line you are drawing may spike to the edge of the project window...

Sven
well, in my case the only solution is take the pen away completely - moving it only out of the project window doesn't help...
I actually don't have a mouse, only a trackpad. I usually never touch it by accident doe to it's position (it's almost behind the Cintiq). but I did experience a couple of times the accidental line that you are describing.