Corrupted tvp file

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
AnxiousForLife

Corrupted tvp file

Post by AnxiousForLife »

Hi, I have a file that I'm suddenly unable to open; when I try, I get the message "[filename] The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." The only cause for this I can think of is that I unplugged my external hard drive while the file was saving, but I honestly don't know what happened.

I've seen other people on here successfully get their files at least partially restored, so I was hoping to see if that was possible since it's quite a few days of work I've lost.

The file: https://we.tl/t-HQgj9AM8bD

Windows 10 x64
Cintiq 22HD
TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.8-64 bits)
AnxiousForLife

Re: Corrupted tvp file

Post by AnxiousForLife »

Hey, just wanted to know for sure if this was salvageable or not; it would save me a lot of time and stress if it is, but I'd like to just know all the same.

I noticed when I uploaded the file to WeTransfer it shows as being 0 bytes, but I couldn't find another way to upload it to the web (and to make matters worse, it looks like I've accidentally destroyed the original while foolishly running a chkdsk on the drive).
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

The first thing you should check is the file size of that project on your system. If it's 0 k, nothing can be done.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
AnxiousForLife

Post by AnxiousForLife »

I suspected as much. The original on my drive wasn't 0 bytes, but I don't know of a way to get it back.