Mac demo crashes before opening...but Pro Demo works fine. ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ramblindawg

Mac demo crashes before opening...but Pro Demo works fine. ?

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi...I downloaded TVPA 8.5 onto my new TabletPC a few days ago and I'm loving it! So this weekend I wanted to use it on my Mac (where I do all my heavy work with my Cintiq attached).

I downloaded TVPA 8.5 for Mac and loaded it onto my G5 Mac (Dual 2.7 GHz PowerPC G5 running OSX 10.4.9). Unfortunately, the program crashes before opening. It won't even launch! There's a little blip in my dock showing that something was trying to open, but then that's the end of it. No error message or anything,

I tried trashing the program file and restarting and reexpanding the .dmg and reinstalling it, but nothing happens. After that I tried to install it on my Mac G4 Powerbook (1 GHz PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.4.9) and got the same results...nothing opens.

THEN I tried the Pro version, and it installs with no problem. On BOTH computers. The problem is, I don't want the Pro version...Im sure I will be buying the basic version in the next few days if I can get it running on my Mac.

Some factors you may want to know: I have Mirage 1.5a and Sentinel Driver running on both those Macs. I have a Mirage dongle but it is not attached to either machine right now. I think I previously installed the Pro version demo on the G5 in March but never used it. The G4 has never had any TVPaint demo on it before. I searched for any old files with "TVPaint" in their name, but there are none.

Please help me figure out how to get TVPaint 8.5 running on my Mac. If it runs, I will be buying it soon! Thanks! --Sherm
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hi Sherm,
Did you install the Sentinel drivers (even if the demo doesn't require any Sentinel device to run) ? If no, I'd suggest you to install them and see if it fixed the problem.
ramblindawg

OK...now it starts but won't run at all without the dongle

Post by ramblindawg »

OK...that definitely helped because now it actually starts.

I get the Configuration screen, but when the interface opens up I get a message box that says I need to have a dongle attached to the USB port to continue. So it won't run at all (even in demo mode) without a dongle.

I dont suppose there's any way to make it work with my Mirage dongle, is there? Don't worry...I haven't tried that.

Please let me know what I can try next...I can tell we're getting closer! Thanks! --Sherm