Folders in TvPaint?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
makoto

Folders in TvPaint?

Post by makoto »

I was thinking, it might be useful and comfortable the fact of be able to subdivide the layers in the timeline in folders.
For example, if I am working in a scene with 4 characters in diferentes layers (one layer by character) and I have another 4 layers for colours, I will be working with 8 layers. If I add another layer for the background and another layer for an element in foreground I will be working with a lot of layers and sometimes you need to stop seeing various layers (for example, the 4 characters and the 4 layers with colours) so you have to block 8 layers, taking them from 0% to 100% the opacity.
But, if this 8 layers are inside a "folder" I can block or take from 0% to 100% the opacity of the folder and, in consequence, I can hide the desire layers easily.

I hope I had explained correctly, if you don´t understand something please tell me.
I think it is and very useful and interesting idea.

Sorry by the way I write in english.

Thoughtfully from Argentina, Pablo Conde.
A cada cosa hay que darle el luto necesario y seguir adelante, seguir porque es la ultima y verdadera opcion que siempre queda
www.novenoarte.com.ar
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

you wrote it very clearly and this is indeed an excellent idea.
many people have already suggested this and i believe the development team is currently preparing for ways to implement this (among many other improvements.)
:D
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Sorry for this laaaate answer,

Peter is right, we are working on it actually :)
Fabrice Debarge