Set Check Size?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Mike Truly

Set Check Size?

Post by Mike Truly »

Is there a setting somewhere that will let me set the size of the check background?

I have looked in preferences but have not found it. I would like to be able to adjust the check size if possible.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
--------------------------------------------
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

It's not possible, but it's a good idea for a next release.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
ZigOtto

Re: Set Check Size?

Post by ZigOtto »

Mike Truly wrote:... I would like to be able to adjust the check size if possible.
I'm curious ... what for this adjustement ?
just for look convenience ?
:?:
Mike Truly

Post by Mike Truly »

Thanks for the info Herve. I would like that ability, if possible.

(I am a new user and have much to learn about TVP).

Related to my desire to adjust the checks... In another paint package I use, there is the ability to see the alpha. When one chooses to see the alpha displayed, it is displayed as a magenta color (you can set the color to your choice but it defaults to magenta). This is a very quick toggle button... one click and you see the magenta alpha - another click and you don't see it. I would love to have a quick method like this to see the alpha (if it doesn't already exist). Perhaps another display method of a layer?

Related to this is the ability to choose what to paint into. For example... in this other paint package, it defaults to painting into RGBA. So as you paint in RGB, alpha is created too. There are checkboxes for each channel... RGBA. You can choose to paint into RGB only with no alpha. Or you can choose to paint only into the alpha with no RGB. Or only into G for example. Does this currently exist somewhere in TVP? If not, I would love to have the ability.

Thanks again.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Mike Truly

Post by Mike Truly »

ZigOtto,

I would like to be able to adjust the check size to make the checks smaller and less distracting (or perhaps larger sometimes).

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Hi Mike,
You can create background layer with a check inside
Last edited by Hervé on 03 Jan 2008, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Mike Truly wrote:... I would like to be able to adjust the check size to make the checks smaller and less distracting (or perhaps larger sometimes).
oh I see,
I don't use the BG on "check" so much, but when I use it,
to make it "less distracting", I use very close colors, f.i. a light-grey and a lighter grey.
:)
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

ZigOtto wrote:I don't use the BG on "check" so much, but when I use it,
to make it "less distracting", I use very close colors, f.i. a light-grey and a lighter grey.
:)
same here.
Manuel

Post by Manuel »

Mike Truly wrote:Related to this is the ability to choose what to paint into. For example... in this other paint package, it defaults to painting into RGBA. So as you paint in RGB, alpha is created too. There are checkboxes for each channel... RGBA. You can choose to paint into RGB only with no alpha. Or you can choose to paint only into the alpha with no RGB. Or only into G for example. Does this currently exist somewhere in TVP? If not, I would love to have the ability.
The ARGB Toggle buttons are beside the proxy gauge.
Manuel
Mike Truly

Post by Mike Truly »

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

Yes, I already use the check colors to make it less distracting but being able to set the check size would be a nice feature too.

Regarding the RGBA toggles... they don't exactly work in a manner similar to what I described. The operation is a bit confusing compared to what I described.

I can not choose to turn off all the RGB channels and only paint into the alpha. If I try to turn off the RGB and only paint into the Alpha... it can't be done. I would prefer to see toggles for RGBA. When the toggles are lit, you are painting into that channel... when they are not lit, you are not painting into that channel. So for example, when you are actively painting in RGB and A, they all should all be highlighted as ON. When you only want to paint into RGB with no Alpha... the alpha button highlight should be OFF.

If you WERE able to paint only into Alpha... how would you see it? You are using a checked transparent background. My suggestion of an option to show the alpha as a transparent tinted color (such as magenta) would allow you to see the alpha and to see what you were doing as you painted into it.

Again... just my opinion.

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com