The New home

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I don't want to get into an us and them war here, but I must come to the defense of Steve Bowie. You perhaps didn't catch all the posts on my Good bye thread (maybe you never saw the entire thread?) but Steve did give an explanation. And most importantly, all of this came as a huge surprise to Steve as well. Paul Ford's handling of the situation is despicable to say the least; he never gave anyone any information. I am a great hater of secrecy in general. I'm all for complete transparency; much of what happened was caused by the lack of transparency and I hope to see more of it here.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Zig, in concerns of the "housekeeper" (as you titled) it's really not the way it seems at first sight.
Anyway I won't say anything more of this matter, not in this public forum.
And simply it's too fresh and also not the right place.
Let's look forward.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Amen.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

It wasn't a complete surprise, as there were hints and rumors that something was about to happen. But at least a note from the president would have been the professional thing to do. I am sure Steve's hands were tied and there was nothing he could do.

Best thing we can do now is move forward. We're all under one roof now.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Welcome everybody! Great to see so many familiar people here now.
Its like one big family reunion.

(if there was an emoticon for a little jump of joy, i'd put it here)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:Zig, in concerns of the "housekeeper" (as you titled) it's really not the way it seems at first sight.
I wouldn't trust to a "first sight"... eachone his own experience,
as you might know, I was censored, ... as many other fellows,
then banned and deprived of my gallery access for this reason : "None" !!! :shock:
not even a private message, nothing from the "so smart moderator" if you prefer this title.
Klaus Hoefs wrote:... Anyway I won't say anything more of this matter, not in this public forum.
And simply it's too fresh and also not the right place.
I won't say anymore too, as it's now the past, shrouded in the dark by the sorrowful yeomen.
Paul Fierlinger wrote:... I'm all for complete transparency; much of what happened was caused by the lack of transparency ...
the less I can say is that their forum housekeeper was not a transparency fan or defender! :lol:
... censoring everything suspected to be "out of lines" enacted by the boss.
Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore, God bless them an their new business!
Let's go forward. :)
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

I see Jules has joined....
Hi Jules!
Howdy Yaaaal!
Geopeto

Wow! There's a surprise ................

Post by Geopeto »

idragosani wrote:So it looks like there is a mass migration over to here. Hello everyone, both old and new faces all.

-- Brett
Not that there was a choice :shock: :shock:

Hi all :P
"When the love of power is overcome by the power of love, the world will know peace.”
Klaus Hoefs

the new app

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Hi all from Mirage-times. So now do you all test it's successor ?
(There's a demo in the download section...) Planning to buy ?...just curious !!!
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Hi Geo!
Hope your pond is coming along just fine. Perhaps you can animate some of your visitors.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

I will download the trial version soon. I have some much needed chores to attend to today....like cleaning out my office AND unearthing my Mirage lock code :?
Howdy Yaaaal!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I don't want to get into an us and them war here, but I must come to the defense of Steve Bowie. You perhaps didn't catch all the posts on my Good bye thread (maybe you never saw the entire thread?) but Steve did give an explanation. And most importantly, all of this came as a huge surprise to Steve as well. Paul Ford's handling of the situation is despicable to say the least; he never gave anyone any information. I am a great hater of secrecy in general. I'm all for complete transparency; much of what happened was caused by the lack of transparency and I hope to see more of it here.

I agree that there should not be any "us and them" mentality carried forward here on this forum. There is only Us , all of the creatives who love using this wonderful 2D animation software. I am sad that Paul Ford saw fit to wipe out the BHS user forums and gallery in one fell blow ; those would have continued to have been a valuable reference database . If BHS didn't want to continue to provide the bandwidth to host the forum on their servers then they could have at least given a 1 month warning so people could have downloaded the threads they wanted to keep or perhaps it could have been arranged to put the archived BHS forum on a mirror site . But what's done is done .

Again, I say WELCOME to all the Mirage users who have arrived here and let's all move forward together.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I was surprised at how strong my emotions were when I was suddenly cut off from the wealth of knowledge we had built over time and my own gallery. I had decided to switch to TVPaint only two days before Bauhaus ended it's forums. And it felt so sudden to me, I can imagine how others feel who hadn't already made the move.

A jolt. A death.

But I agree whole heartedly that we are lucky to have this forum, and we are not out in the cold really.

Valerie: I got a chuckle out of you trying to find your lock code.
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

I rented out my house as a vacation rental over the winter, and threw everything in storage. I'm pretty sure I paper clipped it into my manual.
One cool thing about these forums is that they spell check you on the fly. Thats great for folks like me who are challenged in that dept. The left side of my brain is a sniveling woos.
Howdy Yaaaal!
fanany

Post by fanany »

Sierra K Rose wrote:...
But I agree whole heartedly that we are lucky to have this forum, and we are not out in the cold really.
yeap, and thanks to all the new-comers to participate,
making this place warmer and warmer!
:D