The New home

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
idragosani

The New home

Post by idragosani »

So it looks like there is a mass migration over to here. Hello everyone, both old and new faces all.

-- Brett
Last edited by idragosani on 06 May 2008, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Howdy,
I recognize a lot of you from the forums of yore and yonder. I remember getting some great help from Fanany when I was getting my feet wet in animation. A bunch of you still had art posted in the gallery over there, so I recognized a lot of your names from there.
Howdy Yaaaal!
spacecat

Post by spacecat »

Hi Everyone
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

spacecat wrote:Hi Everyone
Hi, Spacecat
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Hi from me too. This change was rather sudden, eh?
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Yeah, I hope we as equally as welcome here. I'm not sure if I'm going to peek under the hood of the new software yet. Given the kind of stuff I like to do, it will be whats in the stack that counts. You know particles to wrapping grid.I will be anxious to see if it compares to what I've been using. I used the stack so much. One of the things that sold me on mirage was the ability to create your own particles.
Howdy Yaaaal!
spacecat

Post by spacecat »

very sudden considering that I have not been around to much at the Bahaus forum lately,, but also considering that there has been no news and a a black hole to updates and other stuff, it is not totally surprising..
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Mandalaholic wrote:Yeah, I hope we as equally as welcome here. I'm not sure if I'm going to peek under the hood of the new software yet. Given the kind of stuff I like to do, it will be whats in the stack that counts. You know particles to wrapping grid.I will be anxious to see if it compares to what I've been using. I used the stack so much. One of the things that sold me on mirage was the ability to create your own particles.
I have felt a very warm welcome here. Quite a few people here formerly participated on the Bauhaus forum and I missed their input when they left. So, to me, it's a rich environment because of these people I already know. But looking at the new stuff, I think there is a lot of talent here. Mostly it feels very alive.
spacecat

Post by spacecat »

It is nice Sierra to have familiar faces like you and Mandala and Paul and Klaus and others here :) makes it feel more like home :) and I am sure there are lots of other nice people here,

like any place, it is what we make of it
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

There's no question things were dying out, sad to say. I hope to see new life in our work here!
Nicolas R

Post by Nicolas R »

Mandalaholic wrote:Yeah, I hope we as equally as welcome here. I'm not sure if I'm going to peek under the hood of the new software yet. Given the kind of stuff I like to do, it will be whats in the stack that counts. You know particles to wrapping grid.I will be anxious to see if it compares to what I've been using. I used the stack so much. One of the things that sold me on mirage was the ability to create your own particles.
Of course y'all are welcome here!

Please don't worry about what's currently in the Stack, it's the same as in the good old Mirage or even better.
The best thing might simply be to give it a try ;)

And oh I probably said it already but welcome here guys :)
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Thats great news! Thanks!
Howdy Yaaaal!
spacecat

Post by spacecat »

Thanks Nicolas
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Excellent !

Great to see you all here.

Welcome.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

welcome everybody! :wink:

I'm surprised by the rude manner BHs guys have disconnected/shut their public forum!
not a word from the big chief Paul Ford, neither from Guru the house-keeper,
they took the lifeboat and scuttled the steamer, crowd aboard ... :shock:

for all explanations, a MyToons advertisement, and these 2 lines :
Bauhaus Software, Inc. has sold the Mirage Software Business to TVPaint. Should you need support, sales or additional information regarding the Mirage Software, please contact TVPaint directly ...
not a word on their supposed next-coming "killing" 2d software !!?
"... be patient, ... you won't be disapointed, ... we are working hard on the next-Mirage generation, ..."
was it nothing but claptrap ...? Not a word from the "dev team lead" Steve Bowie on this front ???
I expected more respect and smartness, at least from him ...
:roll: :?:

I would add that their now dead forum contained a huge knoledges base made by all the community for years,
not to speak about the user gallery content, and they destroyed all that in one finger-clap.
Not so fair towards the "loyal" community from these gentlemen... :evil:
Last edited by ZigOtto on 06 May 2008, 11:00, edited 5 times in total.