Export Settings

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Mandalaholic

Export Settings

Post by Mandalaholic »

I just discovered this, and I must say it has me totally perplexed. I have yet to upgrade Mirage since I bought it a couple of years ago. I never even upgraded to mirage pro when it was mailed out. Yet for some reason or other, my export settings changed. There used to be an export setting for "Lightwave", which I just discovered has disappeared and has been replaced by "Softimage" Mind you I'm not complaining, I love that I can export to softimage (even though I don't own it). I'm just really curious about how the change took place? I do not know when it happened either. I had a new mother board put in about 5 months ago, and and not too long ago I had a couple more gigs of memory installed. Does anyone know anything about this?
Howdy Yaaaal!
Fabrice

Re: Export Settings

Post by Fabrice »

I do not know when it happened either.
I may be wrong, but I think it was removed a few years ago, during the Mirage days.
I had a new mother board put in about 5 months ago, and and not too long ago I had a couple more gigs of memory installed. Does anyone know anything about this?
The more gigs you have, the better :)
Fabrice Debarge
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Well, I know the extra gigs were necessary for everything I've been doing lately. I just was not sure if it had anything to do with the changes. I also noticed that some of the language has changed in the FXstack (to Spanish). Some of the particle names now have changed Spanish versions of the original English ones. I know this change happened rather recently. I guess what it boils down to, is that I do not understand or know if programs can update and change automatically? Like I said I been running the original version, and have not updated anything since my purchase.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Did you update to Service Pack 3 recently?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Hi Paul,
No I never updated anything. That is why this stuff puzzles me.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I do not understand or know if programs can update and change automatically
TVP Animation / Mirage can not update and change automatically, it's just impossible at the moment.

But, the .loc files with the french / english / spanish / german translations can be changed manually by the user.
Fabrice Debarge
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

Then I guess the cause of these changes will remain a mystery.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Mandalaholic wrote: I also noticed that some of the language has changed in the FXstack (to Spanish).
TVPaint built the list of FX at the creation of a new configuration. If you start a new configuration with Spanish selected, all FX will be in Spanish in this configuration.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Mandalaholic

Post by Mandalaholic »

I have not created any new configs. Still using the same one for the last two years. The only changes I made was having a new motherboard installed, and having the Geek squad flush out all of my spyware and viruses.
Howdy Yaaaal!
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

But to rid yourself of what's bugging you, all you need to do is open a new configuration.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet