Quicktime export troubles!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Ealynn

Quicktime export troubles!

Post by Ealynn »

I'm very concerned that today TVpaint has only been exporting my project to 1 frame quicktimes. I'm completely puzzled and don't know what to do. When I look at my export page, it's just the same as ever, it's on animation (no single image or sequence) and I marked out several frames or the entire thing (about 60 frames). When I hit the export button he immediately finishes the export while a week ago it would take a couple of seconds and I'm left with a quicktime of only one frame that's only a few kb. Aside to the problem (or probably this comes together) when I play the preview animation the preview has blurry frames as if they're only half quality and it lags a bit. When I look at the proxy meter it often only loads half way or to less and doesn't continue loading. This just suddenly happened while I was working on the project and before everything was fine. I'm trying to remember if I hit any strange buttons or did something weird, but nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind.

*waves at peter wassink* this is marissa ;)
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: Quicktime export troubles!

Post by Hervé »

Hi Ealynn,
The one frame export bug is a known bug in some codec, the workaround is to check the keyframe option in the quicktime codec option panel.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Ealynn

Post by Ealynn »

Alright! Thanks very much! I'll go try that. I just figured out it works if I use a different codec, but it's so strange that from one moment to another he can't use my normal codec anymore.
StopmoNick

Post by StopmoNick »

I know that problem! It seems to happen with H264 compression, and possibly with some other codecs, but not all of them. I gave up and exported image sequences, then used QT Pro to make the QT movie, then I discovered in this forum that it depends on the codec.
(It still isn't good enough, TVP - H264 has been around a long time now. Have buttons that work, or don't have them.)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

StopmoNick wrote: (It still isn't good enough, TVP - H264 has been around a long time now. Have buttons that work, or don't have them.)
H264 does work fine here (did you check your QT config?)
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote:
StopmoNick wrote: (It still isn't good enough, TVP - H264 has been around a long time now. Have buttons that work, or don't have them.)
H264 does work fine here (did you check your QT config?)
I will echo Peter on this: H.264 works fine for me if the "Key frame every ____ frames" box is unchecked . Check the QT export configuration.

QT export for H.264 must be set so that the box "Key frame every ____ frames" is Unchecked.
Set to "Best Quality" . I get very good quality H.264 exports using these settings.
export settings for quicktime h.264 from TVP
export settings for quicktime h.264 from TVP
H.264_Compression_Settings.jpg (82.65 KiB) Viewed 21806 times
My main irritation is I wish that TVP would SAVE my last used export settings (H.264, 24fps , "Best" quality) instead of defaulting back to Animation codec, 30fps , key frame every 10 frames, "Medium" quality" . I almost always use H.264 at 24fps , so i wish that TVP would save that instead of me having to reset it to my desired export settings each time .
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

D.T. Nethery wrote: My main irritation is I wish that TVP would SAVE my last used export settings (H.264, 24fps , "Best" quality) instead of defaulting back to Animation codec, 30fps , key frame every 10 frames, "Medium" quality" . I almost always use H.264 at 24fps , so i wish that TVP would save that instead of me having to reset it to my desired export settings each time .
i second that request
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

And I third that request.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

+1
StopmoNick

Post by StopmoNick »

Me too! I live in a country (Australia) that has PAL video at 25 fps. Occasionally I work at 24 fps. But I never, ever use 30 fps! I might expect this from a US company who is focussed on their domestic market, with little awareness of the rest of the world - but in France they use PAL/Secam video at 25 fps like we do. Including 30 fps for those poor unfortunate ntsc users is courtesy and good business, imposing it on everyone else is not. It's very easy to miss that setting and save at 30 fps without meaning to.
So it should either use the size and framerate settings of the project (unless I change it) or it should default to the last settings used (which at least have some chance of being correct). The same with codecs - I don't use the Animation codec, so that's something I always have to change.