custom cursors

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
malcooning

custom cursors

Post by malcooning »

Hey,
Is there any way we can create/install new CURSORS additional, or replacing the exisiting ones?

A.
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hi A.
unfortunately you can't install custom cursors but you can suggest some new ones that we will implement in the next minor update ;)
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

In addition to my previous post, custom cursors can't be installed externally of the soft as you may install papers or custom brushes. You'll need a little patch to install new cursors.
Have you examples of custom cursors you'd like to use ?
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Hey N.
Thanks for the patch offer. I followed Raymond's suggestion to use Restorator, so I created new cursor with Artcursors and saved them as .cur files and then replaced them with the existing 'circle' and 'dot'. I've attached jpgs of them below.
I didn't take the time to learn how to create patches, but maybe once I do I can post it up in the forums.
Cheers,
Asaf
Attachments
pen - smaller.jpg
pen - smaller.jpg (941 Bytes) Viewed 21740 times
pen.jpg
pen.jpg (1.03 KiB) Viewed 21734 times
fanany

Post by fanany »

a "must-have" would be to have the ability to swap between your 2 or 3 most favorite Cursors
via shortKeys or CP buttons,
for example, to swap from "Left-Up" to "Left-Down", and vis-versa, or from your "pen" to your "small one".
I would love that!
8)
Attachments
LeftVersions.png
LeftVersions.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 21390 times
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

but if the cursors can be changed noly via patching, is there any way to implement such shortcut?
Of course I don't want to belittle the power of the programmer :)
it would be fantastic to swap about your cursors. the potential of different cursors for different usages is amazing.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

but the ultimate blow of all cursors in the world will be a cursor that rotates with the tilt and angle of the stylus!
fanany

Post by fanany »

malcooning wrote:but if the cursors can be changed noly via patching, is there any way to implement such shortcut?
Of course I don't want to belittle the power of the programmer :)
it would be fantastic to swap about your cursors. the potential of different cursors for different usages is amazing.
I was pre-supposing new cursors implemented in the main code (extending the basis library), not through a patch.
just throwing ideas for new features in the next TVPA version or TVPS(?)
malcooning wrote:but the ultimate blow of all cursors in the world will be a cursor that rotates with the tilt and angle of the stylus!
I wouldn't dare ask that! :)
the ultimate, for sure, though I guess such a feature would tax time-computing,
and considerably slow down the "realtime" drawing display, unless you have a 5Ghz quad-core cpu machine...
(hope I'm wrong !) 8)