The shadows

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
yoyo

The shadows

Post by yoyo »

hi everyone,
I'm working on a project right now, and i want make some shaows,I test some stuff but i'm not fully satisfy.
in fact the lighting table became fully unreadable with complex shapes.
maybe you can help me in anyways, explain some options or use another tool(selection toll,why not).something nice and stable, not like mine :lol:

here the files .tvp

http://strawberry-field.info/divers/zozo.tvp

the result

http://strawberry-field.info/zombie/test_sc_9.avi

Thanks

Yo

P.S:i'm french so fell you free to answer in french but it can be usefull for lots of people,that's why :P
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

When I load your project, TVPA doesn't find zozo.psd file. You should do a zip file with zozo.psd and zozo.tvp.

Your video is rather good.
To draw shading on your girl, you can use the Toon Shading FX. Split her on many layers and use the FX on each shape you want. As you can use keys for the light direction, you don't have to redraw shading on each image. TVPA do the work for you!

See French documentation at p14 of the 8th chapter

--

Quand je charge ton projet, TVPA ne trouve pas le fichier zozo.psd. Tu devrais faire une archive avec les fichiers zoz.psd et zozo.tvp.

Ta video est plutôt bonne.
Pour dessinner les ombrages sur ton personnage, tu peux utiliser l'effet Toon Shading. Découpe ton personnage sur plusieurs calques et utilise l'effet sur chaque partie sur laquelle tu désires avoir un ombrage. Comme tu peux utiliser des clés pour la direction de la lumière, tu n'as pas à redessiner l'ombrage sur chaque image. TVPA le fait pour toi!

Regarde dans la documentation française à la page 14 du chapitre 8.
Ex TVPaint Team
fanany

Post by fanany »

bizarre... as-tu sauvé ton projet avec "dépendances" ? (pas de .psd non plus ici).
quand je charge ton projet, je n'ai que la 1ere image du Layer "Zozo-01",
et quand je "scrub" dans la timeline, la dernière icone du layer d'anim est remplacée par celle du layer "ombre" ... :?:
Attachments
zozo-01.png
zozo-01.png (18.13 KiB) Viewed 33798 times
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

so tere is the new package

http://strawberry-field.info/divers/zozo2.rar

I put jpg files inside PSD is realy to heavy

Patrice->yop, i've seen this effect before but the rendering is realy to flat.
thx

--------------------------------------

ok le nouveau fichier

http://strawberry-field.info/divers/zozo2.rar

j'y ai mis du jpg le PSD est vraiment trop lourd

Patrice->en faite cet effet a un rendu un peu plat si tu veux vraiment du volume il fo vraiment le faire toi meme.
et jusqu'a present a la main, mais la c'est cool ya p'te moyen de trouver une nouvelle solution.....a voir

Yo
fanany

Post by fanany »

les ombres sur perso en mouvement, c'est un vieux problème qui se ramène à rajouter une couche d'anim
à l'anim existante, en "épousant" l'anim du perso et en gardant une certaine logique quant-à la (les) source(s) de lumière.
en clair, dans ce style "néo-réaliste", il n'y a pas de recette toute prête ou d'outil-miracle,
c'est de l'anim à dessiner, avec le même soin que celle produite pour le perso.

Coté purement technique, la couche séparée (as stencil) est à ma connaissance la bonne solution,
mais pour l'anim proprement-dite, tu peux commencer par ne dessiner (au trait) que la ligne de démarcation,
la frontière ombre/lumière avec une plume fine, en couleur, une fois tes principales clefs en place,c'est plus facile à intervaller
(Table Lumineuse, et semi-transp pour ta couche d'anim ref. du dessous);
en dernier, tu fermes les zones d'ombres, puis remplissage, puis changes le layer d'ombres en "Stencil",
caches-le et retournes sur ton animlayer couleur, dupliques-le, (conserver une version sans ombres peut s'avérer utile),
et appliques-y un effet Couleur pour "assombrir" les couleurs d'origine. (-gamma, -luma, -sat, -contrast, ... à toi de trouver le bon dosage);

sinon, une technique que j'affectionnais et que j'espère retrouver bientôt avec TVP-Studio, c'est l'outil "Rotospline",
tu dessines tes zones d'ombres uniquement sur les positions clefs, il te fait les inters, que tu n'as plus quà "affiner" (= éditer la spline)
pour coller parfaitement aux dessins d'anim du layer d'en dessous. (avantage du vectoriel ré-éditable.)
8)
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

la technique de la ligne et de l'intervallée est une bonne idée j'y avait pensé, mais j'aimais bien l'idée j'y vais comme un crado :P j'affine apres, mais c'est ingerable...
du coup je vais tester sur d'autre scene si l'effet crad gêne pas torp.

mais je reconnait qd meme qu'avec une ligne tu optiendrais un meilleur resultat

en tout cas j'attends de voir l'outils Rotospline a l'oeuvre ca peut s'averer vraiment mortel!!!
gain de temps au dessin, au scannage,traitement d'image d'la ballle quoi!!! :P
(je me vois deja tester de faire des inter avec ca pour tester les limite de l'outil) :lol:
en tout cas merci fanany

Yo
fanany

Post by fanany »

ps: un autre avantage de "Rotospline", c'est que tu peux gérer/animer du "flou de contour" juste là où tu en veux!

en tout cas, sur ta video, ça passe trés bien! continues comme ça...
(à propos, c'est quoi, en 2 mots, l'histoire ?)
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

TVP-Studio?? une news que j'aurais manqué...............z'en ai pas entendu parlé, koi de neuf dedans????

merci pour le ca a l'air bien :)
en gros l'histoire c'est un zombie qui voi defilé ca vie avant ca mort...... :wink:
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: The shadows

Post by TVPaint »

yoyo wrote:in fact the lighting table became fully unreadable with complex shapes.
maybe you can help me in anyways, explain some options or use another tool(selection toll,why not).something nice and stable, not like mine :lol:
Hey Yo,
I just want to focus your attention on the fact that you can edit your light table (like the color of the previous and/or the next frames, set the opacity manually, and the number of frame you want to display... See sub-chapter 5-21 of the manual ;) )

Anyway, with your project, here is an easy way to use your shadow layer.
First select the Floodfill tool (Gap Closer = 0, Expand = 0 and Range = 25) in Erase mode and remove the white background of the character layer.
I guess this white background is due to the PS export.
Once it's done, put the Character layer as Stencil, then Invert it (See manual at section 3-15).
Finally, select your shadow layer and press the Skull button ([Shift + K]) on the first frame to cut the shadows in order to fit with the character, then select all frames [Ctrl+S] and press Enter to do the same for all the sequence and it's done.

It's not the ultimate solution but it's a quick and efficient one.

Nice drawings btw !
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

ok i've edit the lighting table but it's still unreadable in everyway
maybe my drawing are to dirty :oops:

i'm not at home for the moment i will test the second option this evening

thx for all
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

Bonjour yoyo,

Juste pour te dire qu'il y aura bientôt un tutorial pour TVPA qui va traiter en partie ces sujets.
As-tu essayé de modifier la puissace et la courbe du profil lors de ton essai du toonshading ? çà peut permettre de créer plus de volume.

à bientôt.
fabrice.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi yoyo,

I just want to tell you that there will be soon a TVPA tutorial about those subjetcs.
Did you try to modify the power and the profile spline of the toonshading effect ? It could help you to render a volumetric shadow.

see you
fabrice.

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

TV paint -> unfortunatly my problem wasen't there. cause my layer can be extremly dirty. I use alpha matte in After fx it doing the same as stencil!
so thanks for the stencil option i didn't kenw what it is :wink:
and i realy enjoy the filltool ,the previewing that's cool:)

TV Paint,fabrice->to have volume in my drawing i realy need to put shadows by myself, where it's needed it's realy imposible to do it by computeur, even batching it.

the Rotospline tool as said FANANY should be a realy nice solution :wink:

so i'm fallowing in my way the result is ok and i don't spend so much time on it.

the space bar is a incredible tool, switch between brush and earaser is relly incredible, so quick nice idea,But it doesn't work if you switching between frames. :cry: ,so i use F2 and F4.

Fabrice-> a new tutorial on this topic,hummm,great :P
Last edited by yoyo on 18 Jun 2006, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

@yoyo : You can use the 2 sides of your stylus to save 2 brushes or eraser with its settings. Choose a brush and draw with it. Then Return your stylus and choose the eraser mode and use it. Reverse your stylus again, you have the brush you have chosen before. The first side of the stylus is the brush, the second one is the eraser. Switch between the brush and the eraser in reversing your stylus. The second side is detecting as a second stylus.
Of course it works with any brushes you want.

Remark : If it is the first time you reverse your stylet, a pop-up window will appear to confirm the detection of a 2nd stylus.

--

@ yoyo : Tu peux utiliser les 2 côtés du stylet pour enregistrer 2 brosses ou gomme avec ses paramètres. Choisi une brosse et dessine avec. Ensuite retourne ton stylet et choisi le mode gomme et utilise-le. Retourne encore une fois ton stylet, tu récupères la brosse que tu as choisie récemment. Le premier côté du stylet est ta brosse, le 2e est la gomme. Passe de l'un à l'autre en retournant ton stylet. Le 2e côté est détecté comme un 2e stylet.
Bien sûr, cela fonctionne avec n'importe quels outils.

Remarque : Si c'est la première fois que tu retourne ton stylet, une petite fenêtre te confirmera la détection d'un nouveau stylet.
Ex TVPaint Team