the development direction????

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
yoyo

the development direction????

Post by yoyo »

hi,
I like some feature of this software,as i've already said it looks like useful to make shadows :)

and i wanted to knows the futur direction of this software, what do you wanted to do with him cause it's seem like be powerfull,

i explain myself do you wanna a do a real animation sofftware like animo, a real editing video soft like after, or more painting soft like painter.or all those one in one?????

P.S:i'm a animator that's why i ask??
P.S.2:i'm actually studying at luxembourg

Yo
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: the development direction????

Post by TVPaint »

yoyo wrote:i explain myself do you wanna a do a real animation sofftware like animo, a real editing video soft like after, or more painting soft like painter.or all those one in one?????
TVPAnimation is a painting and 2D animation software, nothing more.
That way, and like you said, it's like we mixed and shaked PS and AE together, to give the abilities to make your full animation in only one software with the abilities to draw in any style.
yoyo wrote:P.S.2:i'm actually studying at luxembourg
Yo
Did we meet at the Mifa last week ?

regards,

Nicolas
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

Did we meet at the Mifa last week ?
probably, i am a friend of Rony and i asked for a way to color all frames of an animation, i was imprested so i decided to test TVPA. :D

in fact i ask this question cause i work this TVPA scine 3 days and unfortunatly is not adapted for a pipeline product.

I say unfortunatly cause like i said some fonction of TVPA are realy nice.the time reponse is also nice to.

i hate animo he is to much unconfortable but some fonction are realy necesary to work in pipeline maybe could be intersing to add some animo fonction inside TVPA

for exemple make a color palette to give an adress to a all colors to change colors of all frames at anytime, in really few click.

and i haven't got two screen and the interface is realy to HEAVY for one screen.

thx for listening,

Yo

P.S:i live in thionville should be nice to meet us,why not??to have a realy feed back
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

yoyo wrote:in fact i ask this question cause i work this TVPA scine 3 days and unfortunatly is not adapted for a pipeline product.

I say unfortunatly cause like i said some fonction of TVPA are realy nice.the time reponse is also nice to.

i hate animo he is to much unconfortable but some fonction are realy necesary to work in pipeline maybe could be intersing to add some animo fonction inside TVPA

for exemple make a color palette to give an adress to a all colors to change colors of all frames at anytime, in really few click.

and i haven't got two screen and the interface is realy to HEAVY for one screen.

thx for listening,

Yo

P.S:i live in thionville should be nice to meet us,why not??to have a realy feed back
I think many users will react since we have many professional animators who use TVPaint products to create full animations from scratch so i have to say that i don't agree with you.
On the contrary, TVP Animation will enhance any type of workflow thanks to its flexibility and versatility.

Anf of course we could meet, email me off list to speak about it ;)
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

yoyo,
I've been using TVP for 18 months now, and I don't even know how to start telling how wrong you are in your rush judgment of this program. if you're doing 2D drawn animation, there's nothing, absolutely nothing that comes near the abilities of TVP in the market today. In fact, one could say that TVP brings drawn animation and experimental approaches to a new era, in which you save money and time, and at the same time it triggers your imagination into new domains.
Of course it matters what type of animation you're looking for. If you want to do vector stuff, you might indeed look elsewhere, like moho, Toonboom and the likes. But, saying that, it does not mean that you cannot do sleek, professional looking animation with TVP: if you ever done traditional animation, you cannot but admire how quickly you can do actual animation? just one example: traditionally, you'd be piling paper on a peg bar, no more than a few at a time, drawing your animation away. Then you'll put them under the camera, or scan them in. Only then you'd be able to see if your animation runs like you want it. If not, you're back at the drawing table, correcting those frames and drawings, only to bring it under the line tester again. After you're done with that, you're in for the cleanup. And then the inking and on and on.
In TVP you don't have that process. It's all done at the same time, on the same platform. You draw, you play the animation, you correct, you paint... all on a single timeline field.
It's up to you to see if you are buying into TVP or not. I had a difficult first month with it. What can I say, it's not an easy program to learn. But once you're there, it's downhill nonstop. at some point the learning stops, and only innovation remains. you become free to create. Unlike soooooo many other programs which take tutorials by the thousands to get you to the right usage level. and if anything, it only makes the concept of 'pipeline' a reduced one. I made my film, 9 minutes, on TVP (version 7.x), avoiding any other compositing platform. It went from TVP straight into editing. I can't even thing what other single-platform application gives you that.

And as for "heavy" on the screen - TVP has the most customizeable interface out there. you just need to take the time to consider your needs.

If you can bear to be patient, you'll find a jewel.

A.
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

Oohooooo,malcooning

First I said, I like some great stuff in TV paint that why i decide to chose it for my movie. overwise I already unistalled it quickly.
but i think it can be better.
malcooning wrote:yoyo,
I've been using TVP for 18 months now, and I don't even know how to start telling how wrong you are in your rush judgment of this program. if you're doing 2D drawn animation, there's nothing, absolutely nothing that comes near the abilities of TVP in the market today. In fact, one could say that TVP brings drawn animation and experimental approaches to a new era, in which you save money and time, and at the same time it triggers your imagination into new domains.
Of course it matters what type of animation you're looking for. If you want to do vector stuff, you might indeed look elsewhere, like moho, Toonboom and the likes. But, saying that, it does not mean that you cannot do sleek, professional looking animation with TVP: if you ever done traditional animation, you cannot but admire how quickly you can do actual animation? just one example: traditionally, you'd be piling paper on a peg bar, no more than a few at a time, drawing your animation away. Then you'll put them under the camera, or scan them in. Only then you'd be able to see if your animation runs like you want it. If not, you're back at the drawing table, correcting those frames and drawings, only to bring it under the line tester again. After you're done with that, you're in for the cleanup. And then the inking and on and on.
In TVP you don't have that process. It's all done at the same time, on the same platform. You draw, you play the animation, you correct, you paint... all on a single timeline field.
I prefer DRAW with my REAL PENCIL than my Wacom.
I'm Sorry, there an huge difference.
so after it's up to you,it depend of kind of persons
malcooning wrote: avoiding any other compositing platform
what is the point of that????can you tell me
have a limited result.... :shock:

malcooning wrote: And as for "heavy" on the screen - TVP has the most customizeable interface out there. you just need to take the time to consider your needs.
take phoshop for exemple hit 3 times on F and tab keys and nothing left on the screen.

so in fact i guess a program might be intuitive, you don't have to lose time in anyways,much more when you're working in animtation industry cause you have so much drawing to take care of.
imagine like i said if you're using more than one program and losing time here and here. after the result will be affected
the technique is here to help you.

in fact I use 3 program in pipeline Photoshop,silo (3D program) and After FX.For thoses 3 program i don't need anything to learn them, i look tutorial sometime like everyone, but they are fully intuitive so NO TIME LOST.maybe 3 second of reflection to begin.

I thought TVPA is a realy nice tool but it can be so much powerfull in pipeline animation product,
have best result posible isn't that the most imporant?
That's why I focus on the time lost!

by the way I just trying to help...
to lose less time in compositng,and win time to draw and tell!

malcooning wrote: I made my film, 9 minutes, on TVP (version 7.x), . It went from TVP straight into editing. I can't even thing what other single-platform application gives you that.
Can we see the result???? I should be glad to see the possibilities of TVPA.

Yo
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

yoyo wrote: what is the point of that????can you tell me
have a limited result.... :shock:
save money maybe? time learning and training?
Maybe I'm a bit strong in this opinion when I think of all the adobe cross-platforms. But I must admit that combining TVP with something intuitive like Digital Fusion, for example, makes a very comfortable surroundings to work in.
But who can afford DF?
yoyo wrote: take phoshop for exemple hit 3 times on F and tab keys and nothing left on the screen.
Hit F12 once in TVP and your panels are gone.
yoyo wrote: in fact I use 3 program in pipeline Photoshop,silo (3D program) and After FX.For thoses 3 program i don't need anything to learn them, i look tutorial sometime like everyone, but they are fully intuitive so NO TIME LOST.maybe 3 second of reflection to begin.
The Adobe interface is the industry standard. It does not mean that it should dominate. You refer to these program as intuitive, but there's nothing intuitive about them apart from the fact that you probably have been using them for years now. And as for AFX, I would probably put it at the bottom of the ladder of intuitive applications! (and that's why I was happy to be redeemed from it). It used to CHOKE my creativity. And I cannot say enough about it!

There's plenty of room for innovative new approaches to come from smaller parties. And this is what TVP do. It is different, so you have to get used to it. The great properties that you do like in TVP exist only because they were allowed to develop outside the Adobe domain. And only a fresh approach can tackle new and updated user issues with the right flexibility. Can you imagine Adobe changing their interface 180 degrees in order to fit within the demands of the market. I don't think it'll ever happen. Instead, they dictate how the market should work. And for me, it only strikes contra-creative.
yoyo wrote:Can we see the result???? I should be glad to see the possibilities of TVPA.
I don't know if this is the type of animation that takes your fancy, but here you go. watch it here
yoyo

Post by yoyo »

malcooning wrote: But I must admit that combining TVP with something intuitive like Digital Fusion, for example, makes a very comfortable surroundings to work in.
But who can afford DF?
i don't know DF, just seen it in video tutorial!!!so i cant' talk about it.
malcooning wrote:
save money maybe?
I'm ok, I'm still a student so i don't have to worry about it FOR the moment!I will have it really soon!!!
malcooning wrote: Hit F12 once in TVP and your panels are gone.
Nice thx!
Does it exist some TVP paint Tips & trips thread???
malcooning wrote: The Adobe interface is the industry standard. It does not mean that it should dominate. You refer to these program as intuitive, but there's nothing intuitive about them apart from the fact that you probably have been using them for years now. And as for AFX, I would probably put it at the bottom of the ladder of intuitive applications! (and that's why I was happy to be redeemed from it). It used to CHOKE my creativity. And I cannot say enough about it!
you probably right I grow up with thoses programs that's why I used to think in their way!that's also why there so intuitive(yes even after FX)for me and i don't have to think to do what i want, it's automatic but, it could also block my creativity in this way,it's posible.
malcooning wrote: I don't know if this is the type of animation that takes your fancy, but here you go. watch it here
I've already seen it before and i like it!in fact I like watch a story!
I'm open to every animation style posible I'm also glad to see lot of style different that's why i TRY use TVP. but i have to go behind the interface and is not so easy!!!!!
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

yoyo wrote: i have to go behind the interface and is not so easy!!!!!
It only seems like this at the beginning. The learning curve is steep with TVP. But once you got your head round to the way it works, you'll find that you don't want to do it in any other way.
Of course it has disadvantages. but with time, TVP will be marketed with more documentatuion, which means you'll be able to creater great customizations than you already can. I am really into the TVP interface, and I admit that in the past I really used to like the dobe type. It's no inquisition here, just an offering of an alternative.
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

yoyo,

The user-manual was written with "lessons" which could help you learn how to use the interface step by step.
I tried not to do a big dictionnary of options in order to help the new users. :wink:
I hope it will help you.

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
yoyo

ok

Post by yoyo »

so I used Tvpaint with out read anything, simple reason I don't had time and I was really angry angainst TVPAint cause he don't work like any other program,like flash for expemple(i just speak of the annimtion part specially for the Time Line,not scripting),but in TVPaint you can also do some stuff you cannot do in other program and do it quickly.

So now i have just finish my studies so i will finally read the user manual.

a big dictionnary is also really cool cause when you are looking for a fonction you just have to write it the helper will find it for you.after you read and you do

let's talk about it after a read the manual.^^
electro-box

Post by electro-box »

Tvpaint isn't like other ! that's right but it's naturally build for artists.... so why copy adobe such like interface ?

Combustion isn't the same as After effect or Digital fusion...here is a eg of this kind of apps... I hope each software have cons and pro from others, the fact I agree i sTvpaint don't use sames shortcut as industries apps i using...this is the onlye fact I regret from Tvpaint so you can customise yourself shortcut itnerface... but it's boring I agree...

Tvpaint is bitmap software at first and not like vector flash is.
CG community :: www.tdt3d.com