Missing "preview" of custom brushes

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Animark

Missing "preview" of custom brushes

Post by Animark »

Hello,

on of my students got a problem with his custom brushes:
When he grabs a custom brush he can draw/paint with it, but he cannot see the brush. There is no preview at the mousepointer so its not possible to stamp the brush at the right place. Also, there is no picture of the brush in the little window in the options panel.

The background story:
We are working in a multi user environment, where every student uses his own disk space on a server, not on a local maschine. The tvpaint "default-folder" is also located in every users private disk space. I recognised that this students disk space was completely filled so that TVPaint couldn't save any more files in its default folder. After that we deleted some rubbish to get more free space, rebooted the system and started new with TVPaint, but nothing changed. The brush problem happend again. The problem also appears on other clients with his account, but not with someone others accounts.

I think, it's not a TVPaint problem, but maybe a combination of TVPaint and our environment.
I would like to get an idea where to search to solve this problem. Maybe someone have an idea or got kind of this problem in the past.

Thanks from Animark
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Patrice

Re: Missing "preview" of custom brushes

Post by Patrice »

Hi Animark,
There is an checkbox in the Display tab of the TVP Animation Settings panel to display/hide the preview of the brushes.

This should fix your problem.
Ex TVPaint Team
Animark

Re: Missing "preview" of custom brushes

Post by Animark »

Ha Ha Ha,

I thought there must be something like this and I will check it later when the student is in the house. But I am sure that your hint will solve our problem. The funny thing is, that we searched for that function in the settings panel but didn't recognised it. Now I think about ordering some glasses for me. ;-)

Thank you very much.
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)