can't connect the "rotate view" to touch strip of cintiq

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
hilere

can't connect the "rotate view" to touch strip of cintiq

Post by hilere »

Is there a way to connect this important feature to the touch strip? I tried the zoom+15 and zoom-15, but it does not want to be accepted by my cintiq. Weard that these shortcuts are not accepted while others are accepted without a problem. Do I do something wrong, or is there a bug somewhere?
By the way, it would be nice to connect it in a way you are not restricted to the 15 degree steps. Maybe it works automatically like that, but since I can't get it connected I obviously don't know this.
Elodie

Re: can't connect the "rotate view" to touch strip of cintiq

Post by Elodie »

hilere wrote:By the way, it would be nice to connect it in a way you are not restricted to the 15 degree steps. Maybe it works automatically like that, but since I can't get it connected I obviously don't know this.
You should use the "Alt + Ctrl" ("Alt + Cmd" on Mac) to rotate your canvas =)
Ialways set one buttons of my Intuos with Ctrl and Alt and it works well !
hilere

Post by hilere »

I did not know this. Thanks again, Elodie. Already a big step forward.

But the actual question was to connect it to the touch strip. It would make the workflow a lot faster and even more intuitive, since this way I stay wit my pen on the drawing instead of having to leave it (although partially)to rotate the page. When you are working on paper you use one hand to turn the disk while the other hand stays with your work.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

hilere wrote:But the actual question was to connect it to the touch strip. It would make the workflow a lot faster and even more intuitive, since this way I stay wit my pen on the drawing instead of having to leave it (although partially)to rotate the page. When you are working on paper you use one hand to turn the disk while the other hand stays with your work.
Yes, I know this, that's why I personally prefer to set one button with Ctrl and Alt, because it's more intuitive for me to rotate the canvas exactly like I want, instead of turning it to 15°
Whatever, it's strange your tablet refuse to use the shortcut... maybe the "Page up / down" is the problem... Try to change these shortcuts in the software and then edit your tablet's shortcuts =)
hilere

Post by hilere »

A problem connected to this one. Is there a way to easily drag your image around, without having to do this using the slide bars? In photoshop this is easily done with pressing the space bar. Is there something similar in TVP?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

press alt + left mouse button => if you want to pan

press alt + right mouse button + a movement on the top if you want to zoom in / a movement at the bottom if you want to zoom out
hilere

Post by hilere »

Thanks a lot again! You colour my day!
Is there somewhere a complete list of these shortcuts, so I don't have to bug you for this? I did not find these shortcuts in the help file shortcut list, or did I miss something? If this list does not exist it would be a handy thing to have.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

just go to the shortcuts Panel (Ctrl+K) and see which ones are assigned, or assign your own one.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hilere wrote:... I did not find these shortcuts in the help file shortcut list, or did I miss something? If this list does not exist it would be a handy thing to have.
in the Manual, Appendix : A 7 (shortcuts list and commands), p.445/446. :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

malcooning wrote:just go to the shortcuts Panel (Ctrl+K) and see which ones are assigned, or assign your own one.
The shortcut panel is in : "Edit => "Preferences => General => Keyboard shorts => Configure"

If a function is in green => function already assigned =)
Wayne Carlisi

Post by Wayne Carlisi »

Can not figure out how to make TVPaint rotate with my Cintiq 24 HD.
Can somebody help me please.

Thank you,

Wayne
Wayne Carlisi

Post by Wayne Carlisi »

Can not figure out how to make TVPaint rotate with my Cintiq 24 HD.

Thank you,

Wayne

Also, how do you change the colors for the before and after images? meaning the light table. Don't like the default settings. :D :D :D
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Wayne Carlisi wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 00:32 Can not figure out how to make TVPaint rotate with my Cintiq 24 HD.

Thank you,

Wayne

Also, how do you change the colors for the before and after images? meaning the light table. Don't like the default settings. :D :D :D
Hi, Wayne -

The keyboard shortcuts for rotate canvas are Shift Page Up (rotate Clockwise) Shift Page Down (rotate Counter-Clockwise) . Program your Wacom Cintiq touchstrip for Shift Page Up and Shift Page Down .
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 10.55.55 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 10.55.55 PM.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 23574 times
To change the colors in the Light Table to something other than the default colors click on the color and notice that the cursor becomes a ? ... so now click with the ? mark cursor on any other color in the Color Picker or Color Wheel , and that will change the color of the before or after image in the Light Table to the color you selected. See this video tutorial starting around the 3:16 mark - through- 4:07 -

https://youtu.be/a4AE97QdykI?t=195

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Wayne Carlisi

Post by Wayne Carlisi »

Thank you David! I didn’t even know how to get back on the forum...lol. I will give it a try.
Hope you are doing well buddy and thanks again.

Wayne
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Wayne Carlisi wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 16:46 Thank you David! I didn’t even know how to get back on the forum...lol. I will give it a try.
Hope you are doing well buddy and thanks again.

Wayne
Hope you're doing well, too, Wayne ! Let me know how it all works out with the rotation shortcuts .

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1