TVP Pro on 2 monitors won't let me move panels

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
MartindeMadrid

TVP Pro on 2 monitors won't let me move panels

Post by MartindeMadrid »

I am running TVP Paint Pro (latest mod to date) on two monitors. I want to move my palettes, tools and panels to the second monitor to free up space for the drawing area, but TVP apparently will not let me move them off the first (principal) monitor. The two monitor set up works fine otherwise (with other programs, for instance I can open my browser and move it to the second monitor, etc.). Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: TVP Pro on 2 monitors won't let me move panels

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I can move anything anywhere across four monitors. My guess is your problem lies with your settings of the graphics card. Most cards will let you create individual settings for each software you use, so if you say something works with one software but not with TVP, this has nothing to do with TVP.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

MartindeMadrid wrote:I am running TVP Paint Pro (latest mod to date) on two monitors.
By this, do you mean TVP is stretched over the 2 screens, or your setup is 2 monitors, but TVP takes only 1?
Can you post up a screen grab (print screen) of the setup?
When I run TVP on 2 screens I don't have a problem moving panels from one screen to another.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I can move anything anywhere across four monitors.
Can you move a palette outside the boundaries of the main TVPaint software?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

MartindeMadrid wrote:I am running TVP Paint Pro (latest mod to date) on two monitors. I want to move my palettes, tools and panels to the second monitor to free up space for the drawing area, but TVP apparently will not let me move them off the first (principal) monitor. The two monitor set up works fine otherwise (with other programs, for instance I can open my browser and move it to the second monitor, etc.). Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?
Isn't this because TV-Paint can't(as far as I know) Move windows and palettes outside the boundarties of TV-Paint, There for you have to stretch tvpaint over your 2 monitors for instance with. File(Menu)>Preferences(Menu)>Interface(tab)>No Border(checkbox).
?Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
Paul Fierlinger

madsjuul wrote:
Paul Fierlinger wrote:I can move anything anywhere across four monitors.
Can you move a palette outside the boundaries of the main TVPaint software?
nVidia Properties>nView Desktop Manager>Windows>Window control>unclick "Prevent windows from opening off-screen"
Paul
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: nVidia Properties>nView Desktop Manager>Windows>Window control>unclick "Prevent windows from opening off-screen"
It is unclicked but I still can't drag it outside TV Paint
drag.png
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Paul Fierlinger

Hmm... that's strange because I can move the remote control (or anything else off screen. How about: NVIDIA Control Panel/Set Up Multiple Displays/Configure independently from each other (Dualview)?
BTW, I have a Quadro NVS 420 -- could that make a difference (although I doubt it, because I never had your problem with my older cards either.)
Paul
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:move the remote control (or anything else off screen. H
It's not off screen it's on the same screen but outside tvpaint. the black is my desktop. Other software I use is capable of this without any fiddling with the Graphic card.
I guess I have to go into that at some point. as i have said before
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

hummm, I have a similar situation. I have win 7 and been using Maya 2011 iClone 4 Photoshop CS 4 and can move the tabs anywhere between my two monitors. I start tvPaint v9.5.18 and I am not able to move tabs anywhere except inside the gui.
However, When tvPaint is started the configuration window is normal and when the ok button is activated I get 4 warnings in a row, click ok for each and the program starts normally and works as expected.(I have been working and producing what I want, no problem.)
dpsddr.dll is missing
bluevelvet3.dll is missing
dpsddr.dll is missing
nt_tools.dll is missing

Sorry to throw this into the stew, hope it does not deter this discussion........
Paul Fierlinger

Oh, now I understand... I've been wondering why you would want to do something like this. I never knew this was even possible in Windows until I tried it just now with Vegas; I guess I never had any need for doing such a thing (I still can't think of a case where I would want to :| ).
Paul
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Oh, now I understand... I've been wondering why you would want to do something like this. I never knew this was even possible in Windows until I tried it just now with Vegas; I guess I never had any need for doing such a thing (I still can't think of a case where I would want to :| ).
I like to keep my reference pictures, other software and email at my 2nd monitor. I would love to put some of my TVPaint panels there too. But if I spread the TVPaint to my 2nd monitor I can't see my other stuff there.

M.
Mikko Vormala
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

ingie01 wrote:... I get 4 warnings in a row, click ok for each and the program starts normally and works as expected.
dpsddr.dll is missing
bluevelvet3.dll is missing
dpsddr.dll is missing
nt_tools.dll is missing
I suppose it's a plugins matter,
uninstall and re-install tvpaint, but in the installer's request panel, CHECK OFF the plugins (Devices) you don't have,
such as DPS and so on.
Last edited by ZigOtto on 16 Nov 2010, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: I guess I never had any need for doing such a thing (I still can't think of a case where I would want to :| ).
I don't do it either(Maybe because it's not possible) But I just wanted to clear things out because I think that's what the original question was about.
MartindeMadrid wrote: I want to move my palettes, tools and panels to the second monitor to free up space for the drawing area, but TVP apparently will not let me move them off the first (principal) monitor. T
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

It's not possible to move your panels out of TVP Animation. You can stretch TVP as long as you want, but you'll never be able to move the panel outside the TVP's window. =)

It's a frequently asked feature and we keep it in mind for update and upgrades.

The better solution at the moment is stretching TVP's windows on both screen, disable the panel bins, move panels on 1 screen and the drawing space on another screen.