TVP Pro on 2 monitors won't let me move panels

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ZigOtto

Re: TVP Pro on 2 monitors won't let me move panels

Post by ZigOtto »

madsjuul wrote:
MartindeMadrid wrote: I want to move my palettes, tools and panels to the second monitor to free up space for the drawing area, but TVP apparently will not let me move them off the first (principal) monitor. T
so the 1rst part of the answer could be :
- expand tvpa screen over the 2 monitors first, then move your palettes wherever you want into your tvpa screen.
the second part ("how can I expand my tvpa window ?") could be :
- click on the "minimize/maximize" button at the top-right corner, the button just behind the ultimate "quit" button (cross on red),
then, LMB-click & drag the right edge (or the bottom-right corner) of the tvpa window to cover/fit both your 2 (3, 4, ...) monitors.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I was faster Zig :mrgreen:

BTW, if you (Martine) want to move your drawing space, move it with alt + left button on your mouse =)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

My suggestion is to get more monitors -- you create more space and you keep everything in view at all times. I guess this is why I never saw a need to be able to shove things off the GUI.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Pectopan

Post by Pectopan »

Elodie wrote:I was faster Zig :mrgreen:

BTW, if you (Martine) want to move your drawing space, move it with alt + left button on your mouse =)

Any Ides how this is supposed to work on a mac? And what about monitors with different resolutions? I currently work with a 22" LCD @ 1600 x 900 px and a 12" Wacom cintiq in front of it. moving the drawing panel from one monitor to the other only workls as long as I reduce the prime monitors resolution and cange the arragement of the monitors. I'd like to just detach the drawing panel from the whole of the UI and move it freely so that I can use all the mouse-operated items on the prime monitor and keep my drawing on the wacom.