windows seven and wacom cintiq:

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
riche

windows seven and wacom cintiq:

Post by riche »

is anyone having trouble with cintiq, the pen, and mouse using tvpaint and windows seven... the pen and mouse will not flow smoothly within the tvpaint window... if anyone is having this experience and if there is a fix for it please tell me....

rich
good fortune to you
riche
Fabrice

Re: windows seven and wacom cintiq:

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Rich,

On our side we didn't notice strange behaviors, except when photoshop is opened at the same time as the software.

Maybe should ask to slowtiger or lemec in the forum, I know they use the Cintiq with TVP Animation.

By the way, are your wacom drivers up-to-date ?
Fabrice Debarge
riche

Post by riche »

Fabrice wrote:Hi Rich,

On our side we didn't notice strange behaviors, except when photoshop is opened at the same time as the software.

Maybe should ask to slowtiger or lemec in the forum, I know they use the Cintiq with TVP Animation.

By the way, are your wacom drivers up-to-date ?
hi and thanks fabrice,
i don't know what the problem is yes all drivers are up to date .
how does the software behave when photoshop is open in addition to tvp???
good fortune to you
riche
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Tony Dusko just demonstrated the cintuque to my class and it was performing very well. He doesn't check these forums too often but I will send him a link, I'm sure he will answer.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
riche

Post by riche »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Tony Dusko just demonstrated the cintuque to my class and it was performing very well. He doesn't check these forums too often but I will send him a link, I'm sure he will answer.
thank you paul,

i hope you are well...

i am becoming familiar with your work...

rich
good fortune to you
riche
Paul Fierlinger

Thanks, Rich

BTW, have you tried fooling around with the Tablet settings in the Preferences. I don't have a cintique so this is just a shot in the dark until Tony shows up.
Paul
riche

Post by riche »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Thanks, Rich

BTW, have you tried fooling around with the Tablet settings in the Preferences. I don't have a cintique so this is just a shot in the dark until Tony shows up.
i'm a compulsive fooler... so yes i have and thanks.

rich
good fortune to you
riche
Paul Fierlinger

Have you tried another pen? I was having recently synch problems drawing on my tablet and it turned out to be a damaged pen.
Paul
riche

Post by riche »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Have you tried another pen? I was having recently synch problems drawing on my tablet and it turned out to be a damaged pen.
that is possible.. i'll see ...
good fortune to you
riche
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'm of no help here since I'm on Mac.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
tonydusko

Post by tonydusko »

I have a Cintiq but it is for my Mac setup. However I also us a tablet PC (with a built-in Wacom screen) and I recently had a similar problem in Windows 7. It turned out that I had two different Wacom drivers on my system at the same time. If I have some time, I will try to hook the Cintiq up to my table PC to see if it works OK, however again I will then have multiple Wacom drivers and that never ends well. Let me ask you this; Is your Cintiq going through a VGA port or a DVI port. I know that the Cintiq manual says that you will have better results with the DVI if you have it. My PC has HDMI which I can adapt to DVI but I also have VGA so I could try both. BTW, which Cintiq do you have, the 12 or the 21?
Tony
riche

Post by riche »

slowtiger wrote:I'm of no help here since I'm on Mac.
thanks friend
good fortune to you
riche
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

tonydusko wrote:... I also us a tablet PC (with a built-in Wacom screen) and I recently had a similar problem in Windows 7. It turned out that I had two different Wacom drivers on my system at the same time.
I'm running my TabletPC with a Intuos4 hooked into it. For this I have 2 drivers installed, and they co-exist fine. For the tablet digitizer I have the Penabled driver, and for the Intuos I have the official intuos driver. I must add though that it was far from easy to achieve equilbrium between the drivers. Before windows 7 it was pretty straight forward to have the 2 drivers work together. But then came a period where I could have used only one at a time (meaning uninstalling one of them, depending on the use). and then at some point not long ago, things magically turned fine and now both drivers are co-installed.
Lastly, I'm not rushing to update drivers.
There's one rule I learned after years of digital painting: If your wacom works, let it be.
It doesn't like new nutrients.
riche

Post by riche »

thank everyone for the warm responses. i've had major distractions here today.... i'll try getting on it tomorrow...

thank you again...
good fortune to you
riche
hilere

Post by hilere »

I'm not so techy, but I have the same setup than yours. Cintiq with windows 7. I have no strange behaviours like these. There's others, but those are the result of the clumzy drivers that come with the cintiq. Wacom is working on that. It sounds to me the problem is to be sought in your system setup. Enough ram, graphics card,.... these type of things. But again, I'm not so techy, so don't shoot me if what I say here doesn't even make sense.