some more information about the manual needed please :p

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
donbartolo

some more information about the manual needed please :p

Post by donbartolo »

Hello guys! :)
I read the manual (nice work!) but still have 2 questions:

1.) Page 207 : "Create a single source grid and pay attention to place intersections at all strategic points on the image " ...

=> how do you do that? When i edit the grid point in the 'wrapping grid' effect, i can't succeed in choosing by myself where i want to place the intersections. Any move of an intersection distorts my image...

2.)page 115: How can i open the connection parameters window (speed, altitude, azimuth, ...) ? :p

Thx for answering and keep up the good work! :)

Don Bartolo
evar

Post by evar »

1. well, in this case you Could want to increase the number of intersections, so that you can choose which ones to modify - by increasing the Grid Height and Width. You can also pick the Edit Grid Bounding box button, below where it says Interpolation. You can use this to move the entire box, and also to resize the box (click drag the corner dot of the box) so that you can only have the grid on what youd want to warp.

2. For drawing tools, you can connect many of their options to speed, alt, azimuth etc... ('connect' to the information fed to TVPA via a graphics tablet) - there are buttons located next to what options you can connect to. By default, they are usually C (or none), but simply by clicking on the C (next to size for the Airbrush for example) it gives you the extra options to play with.

There is a window with some settings to extra options for the connection properties, from the top menu select >Windows > Connection Settings.
Evar Simon
fabrice_

Re: some more information about the manual needed please :p

Post by fabrice_ »

1.) Page 207 : "Create a single source grid and pay attention to place intersections at all strategic points on the image " ...
Move your first intersection of the source grid at the first strategic point and then copy the source grid to the destination grid. the image is not distorded anymore.
Continue with all the others intersections.

At the end the source and destination grids should be the same and the intersections should be placed at all the strategic points on the image.

After that, you can move the destination grid intersections to change your picture. (use the animations keys with the destination grid to animate the picture)

if you have purshased the software, try the file called skull.tvp : there is an attached stack with a distortion grid

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
donbartolo

:)

Post by donbartolo »

Many thx for the quick response guys! :)
I have an answer for my 2 questions. :p

- For the 'wrapping grid': it works fine with this explanation.
Maybe it should be nice in a next TVPaint version to simplify the way of choosing intersections manually. ^^; (like in illustrator for exemple :p )

- I have another question : in the first versions of TV Paint, it was possible to have a rendered preview in a SMALL window. Now in TVP8 it seems only to be possible in the native project resolution.
This is a pitty, because it seems to ask much more resources from the processor and memory. Or is there maybe a way to change the size (and not only the quality :p ) of the rendered window in the preferences?

ps: I really like this programm. Since i downloaded this version, i'm so excited again with animating. Many thx!!
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hey Donbartolo,
I hope you are still enjoying TVP Animation, feel free to share your works in the Gallery forum !

I just wanted to let you know, regarding your comment about the rendered preview in a small window (Which version did you refer to btw ?), that it's an interesting request. It's something we can keep in mind for the future but i was wondering what are the specs of your machine and project ?

Regards,

N.
donbartolo

Post by donbartolo »

Hummm... For the little render-previeuw window : aura/ mirage didn't exist at that time. (it was 7 years ago) So, it had to be the first version? hummm...I don't really remember.

I can't say why, but the previeuw in a little window gave me a better idea of what it would be on tv. Maybe, because fullresolution on monitor is to clean and sharp. :p
Another cool idea should be wysiwyg : at the same time as the previeuw, you can see directly the image on your tv. :) (like Premiere or After Effects)

For my computer: i have a Pentium IV 2.8/ 2gyg of ram/matrox p750 videocard.

For my projects: i promise to put something soon in the gallery. I started an animation. I would like to finish it before end of august. (but i'm afraid it will be for mid september lol )

Hear you. :)
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: :)

Post by TVPaint »

donbartolo wrote:I can't say why, but the previeuw in a little window gave me a better idea of what it would be on tv. Maybe, because fullresolution on monitor is to clean and sharp. :p
I can understand your need but it's maybe not the case for everyone. Anyway, maybe that adding a small preview panel, just to let the user decide where to watch the preview, would be nice.
donbartolo wrote:Another cool idea should be wysiwyg : at the same time as the previeuw, you can see directly the image on your tv. :) (like Premiere or After Effects)
We need to support video card to redirect the output on a monitor.
That kind of functionality will be possible soon but it won't be for TVP Animation.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

TVPaint wrote:We need to support video card to redirect the output on a monitor.
That kind of functionality will be possible soon but it won't be for TVP Animation.
Wysiwyg ....cool!
very handy for those direct to video assignments!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
donbartolo

Post by donbartolo »

Yes ! A little preview panel should be exxxxxtremely cool. :pppp

The package that will contain the wysiwyg function will be the actual tv paint but with extra stuff for video editing, or will it be a totally different product ? :)

Bart
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

donbartolo wrote:The package that will contain the wysiwyg function will be the actual tv paint but with extra stuff for video editing ?
Bart
yes it will ;)
donbartolo

Post by donbartolo »

Wohoooo! Good news :p
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

donbartolo wrote:- I have another question : in the first versions of TV Paint, it was possible to have a rendered preview in a SMALL window. Now in TVP8 it seems only to be possible in the native project resolution.
This is a pitty, because it seems to ask much more resources from the processor and memory. Or is there maybe a way to change the size (and not only the quality :p ) of the rendered window in the preferences?
Hey Don,
Did you notice that you can now have a small project preview in the navigator panel ?
We brought it back from TVPaint 4 thanks to you, it was a nice idea !
Regards,
Nicolas
donbartolo

Post by donbartolo »

Hi Nicolas !

Thx to you and your crew for this update. I really like the new features! The animated navigatorbox, the sketch panel(really-really cool!), ... Nice stuff :p

I just have some little remarks:

1.)Just one thing about the navigator window. When you click on play, it plays one frame after the other. Without (eventually) rendering the animation or taking count of the playback framerate. Maybe it should be nice to have that calculated too. :p

=> In the earlier version of tvpaint, the problem was solved by asking in the movie preview window :
1.) kind of preview (rendering, realtime, proxy)
2.)size of movie (%)
3.) quality of movie (full medium half quarter )

The purpose was to have a precise idea of the poject on a smaller window (=lighter to pre-render) on equal or lower image quality (lower image quality makes the pre-rendering also lighter) .

**The ULTIMATE DREAM**: And if you add to this movie preview a tv-output wysiwyg function, you should have a really nice feature. :p (But you guys already mentioned a wysiwig function in an upcoming video-editing version of this pogramm, so ... i don't want to rush u up :p)

2.)the use of wrapping grid.
I really think it should be nice to optimise the wrapping grid for BRUSHES=> user should be choosing where to put the wrapping points in a more simple/intuitive way.

Now i go back testing the sketch panel. I really like it. :))
Keep up the good work my Dreamteam ! :)))
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

donbartolo wrote:1.)... about the navigator window. When you click on play, it plays one frame after the other. Without (eventually) rendering the animation or taking count of the playback framerate. Maybe it should be nice to have that calculated too. :p
weird, ... mine is playing (thumbnail)project preview in the correct project frame-rate !
only 2 regrets here :
- despite the small size, the rendering is very "pixilated",
- it plays all the existing project layers, included the one hidden (red-squared)! :o
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

I really think it should be nice to optimise the wrapping grid for BRUSHES=> user should be choosing where to put the wrapping points in a more simple/intuitive way.
I agree with you, maybe we need an option to display the HUD but not the distorsion (when we move the points of the grid to hit the strategic points of a picture)

EDIT : more simply : we need an option to move the source and destination points togheter.

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.