Drawing Mode Indicator

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ZigOtto

Re: Drawing Mode Indicator

Post by ZigOtto »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Zig, where do you find these things out -- I've been around these forums for 12 or 15 years and this is the first time I've heard of this profile shape to preserve the circle around the cursor's point!
RMB-Click the connection gadget, in the popup menu : Profile Editor,
connectProfilEditor.png
connectProfilEditor.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 11364 times
for each tool's parameter with connection, we can tweak/customize the attached Profile, so we can get infinite different behaviors by combining them.
8)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

No, no, :mrgreen: I understand all that. I just never knew that starting the curve line higher on the graph allows the circlr to be shown. It does say "Size" so it makes sense, but it says it in black on black which doesn't make sense. I just never thought of solving the problem this way.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fran Gonzalez

Post by Fran Gonzalez »

Thank you Paul, it`s a good idea, but in the Mac version the circle do not appears. :cry:
I will try later on PC, but I need it for Mac.

I`m still thinking in a visual indicator because the cursors subject in TVP must be improved already.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Fran,

if you're working with the mechanical pen you shouldn't expect to see a circle. The mechanical pen is only 1 pixel wide, therefore you will should not see a circle (which is made of several pixels) but instead you should see a 1 pixel dot. the circle mentioned in this thread and way to make it visible by changing the profile graph is relevant to all other brushes and not to the mechanical pen.

But then at what zoom factor are you working in? In order to see that dot you need to work in large zoom factor. If you work at 1:1 zoom ratio (100% zoom) you won't be able to see the dot. I toggle between erase-drawing modes all the time (with or without script, it doesn't make a difference), and I see the dot at +200% zoom when I move my pen. Remember that you need to move the pen in order to see the dot because when the pen is still the drawing tip of the cursor is where the dot is - it's only 1 pixel and it lies right under the cursor.

I find that switching between erase and drawing modes is mostly snappier when using a key on the keyboard (or controller) rather than on the pen (unless you draw on a tablet which restricts your access to keys). I keep two fingers on the keyboard, one key assigned to drawing mode, the other to erase. and I keep an Undo key in the same neighbourhood. these 3 keys are the ones I use most, and this leaves me no need for cursor indication. furthermore, I prefer having as least as possible visual interferences at my pen tip therefore I find the current cursors adequate and sufficient.

But I can see the use for this by some, as you bring the example. Therefore you should put this in the feature requests section of the forum.
Fran Gonzalez

Post by Fran Gonzalez »

Thank you malcooning. I work on the same way you mentioned. I just wanted to save a key (Expresskey on my case in the Cintiq tablet)
for another function. I think it's fine the method with two keys assigned for both modes but the Erase mode as Photoshop would be very cool.