project tab - lighttable

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
A1

project tab - lighttable

Post by A1 »

Hello all,

I just upgraded to 9.5 pro, and i like it a lot so far.
I haven't been working with tvpaint for quite a while (mostly been doing 3d animation lately) and i'm enjoying it thoroughly.

But i am running in to some kind of workflow problem with storyboarding. I have read what i could find in the forum about the workflow people use and from what i understood
many people seem to make their initial drawings in a one-clip timeline to later split them up in many clips. That works, although it seems a bit like a workaround.
But if you have all the clips in the project tab and want to add another clip you can do so, but without the use of the lighttable it seems. So i would (in some occasions) have to go back into a clip where i can use the lighttable make an extra drawing and then again make a clip out of that.
So i guess my question is: *drumroll*

Is it possible to use the lighttable in the project tab with the clips, like you would do with instances on a timeline, or is there a better way of working?

Thanks in advance!
Elodie

Re: project tab - lighttable

Post by Elodie »

Welcome back, Anton ^^
A1 wrote: i understood many people seem to make their initial drawings in a one-clip timeline to later split them up in many clips.
It's not obligatory, many people do the contrary and draw one image per clip, before group them together into a same clip.
A1 wrote: Is it possible to use the lighttable in the project tab with the clips, like you would do with instances on a timeline, or is there a better way of working?
Nope, it's not possible, sorry =/
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Elodie wrote:Welcome back, Anton ^^

It's not obligatory, many people do the contrary and draw one image per clip, before group them together into a same clip.
/quote]
Do they? It sounds like a slow way to work.
A1 wrote: i understood many people seem to make their initial drawings in a one-clip timeline to later split them up in many clips.
I did that a short period of time but now I'm working like this

I make a new clip pr shot. draw my background on one layer. the characters props foreground middle ground on seperate layers what make sense so I can rearrange them later. I make more than one instance(Drawing) pr layer if I need that.
If the same camera view is coming again I dublicate a clip and remove the characters and draw the new positions.
Right now I'm working on a project where the final output is in 16/9 HD Television that means 1920x1080 pixels.
My storyboard output is also 16/9 but only 768x432 pixels
I then Make a project in 1920X1080 though so a can use the camera in TVPaint to set the composition.
I then Make a camera 768X432 pixels and when I render I use the camera export.

I thought I would need Light table between clips when I started working like this but for my big surprise I'm almost not missing it.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
A1

Post by A1 »

hey guys and girls,

thanks for the quick reply's!
I have tried it your way Madsjuul, and i did kind of miss the light table. Maybe i just need to get used to it.
I'll just tinker with it untill i find a way that works for me. And if i don't there is always the feature request forum :)

Thanks again for sharing your workflow!
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

A1 wrote:hey guys and girls,

thanks for the quick reply's!
I have tried it your way Madsjuul, and i did kind of miss the light table. Maybe i just need to get used to it.
I'll just tinker with it untill i find a way that works for me. And if i don't there is always the feature request forum :)

Thanks again for sharing your workflow!
I am missing the lighttable in project timeline as well. Just not as much as I expected.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
spyderheart

Post by spyderheart »

+1 for this ancient thread !
Has this ever been tackled by TVPaint or has anybody ever Georged up a solution?
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home