Blending brushes

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
artmaestro

Blending brushes

Post by artmaestro »

Is there any way to create blending brushes in TVPaint. How would you blend to colors together smoothly. I know this sounds like an amatuer question, but I am curious. Any links or ideas would be cool. Thanks in advance.
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

Maybe can you try to use your brushes as papers and the airbrush tool with a gradient. (use a low value for the airbrush power)
Attachments
brush.jpg
brush.jpg (115.43 KiB) Viewed 19590 times

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
ZigOtto

Re: Blending brushes

Post by ZigOtto »

artmaestro wrote:Is there any way to create blending brushes in TVPaint. How would you blend to colors together smoothly. I know this sounds like an amatuer question, but I am curious. Any links or ideas would be cool. Thanks in advance.
hi maestro,
what do you mean exactly by "... blend to colors together smoothly" ?

meanwhile,
- you can have a look to the "specialBrush" tool (mixer mode) working as the color Mixer in the Color Picker Panel;
(not sure it's what you are looking for ...)
- another approach to modify smoothly a color by mixing it with a new one, (color management only),
is to use the excellent Lemec's "PPalette" external tool which is part of the lemec-plugins.
8)
artmaestro

Post by artmaestro »

Thanks for the responses. After playing around with demo some more, I figured out what I wanted to do. I was looking to blend skin values together i.e shadows, fading into other areas without a distinct line. I included an attachment to show the look I was going for (look at the facial area). I adjusted the special tool to smear a little better. I haven't fully tested it, but I'm thinking it might work for me. I asked because I was thinking about the blending tools in Painter - since this software works similarly. I think it's neat to have quality real media tools and quality animation tools if needed together. This is why I'm really digging into this software. Again thanks for the help.
Attachments
2006alien28_6.jpg
2006alien28_6.jpg (156.8 KiB) Viewed 19570 times
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Hello artmaestro,
While you're playing with the demo more deeply, feel free to post some of your works or to ask for techniques...
Btw, is the attachement was made with TVPaint ?

Kind Regards,
Nicolas
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

wow :shock:, good work !

I thought about something else :
Some drawing mode are available with the common tools : (tint, colorize, saturate, add, etc ...).
they can be used with papers and help you to colorize your paintings. :wink:
Attachments
artmaestro.jpg
artmaestro.jpg (38.45 KiB) Viewed 19561 times

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
artmaestro

Post by artmaestro »

fabrice wrote:wow :shock:, good work !

I thought about something else :
Some drawing mode are available with the common tools : (tint, colorize, saturate, add, etc ...).
they can be used with papers and help you to colorize your paintings. :wink:
That is not my work, though I wish it were :( :D . I was just posting an example of something I want to strive for. BTW the artist made this with Painter 9. Check his stuff out here http://www.alien1452.com/ and I'll try the technique you mentioned - thank you.