Feature Request

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
evar

Feature Request

Post by evar »

for the Custom Brush / Anim Brush to be directory based, rather than a single bin. So that its more like a little explorer window, and you can place brushes into many different dirctories - even to be able to view it by name only, or small or large thumbnail... That way it can be more organized and useful. Also so that when you have lots of brushes in a profile, this way, directory based, it doesnt take a few mins to load all the brushes when you start TVPaint (does it load up into your current resources the way it is now?)
Evar Simon
evar

Also...

Post by evar »

Also - it would be cool if custom brushes could be set to conform to the spline tool. Be it for natural media brushes, or flowers in the wind, etc... keyframable too!

Evar Simon
fabrice_

Re: Also...

Post by fabrice_ »

evar wrote:Also - it would be cool if custom brushes could be set to conform to the spline tool. Be it for natural media brushes, or flowers in the wind, etc... keyframable too!
Hi Evar,

Look carrefully at the first screenshot here:
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48
there is something which could help you for your brushes :wink:
cheetomation

Post by cheetomation »

Subpixel?!
:shock: :D
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

cheetomation wrote:Subpixel?!
:shock: :D
:arrow: not only subpixel ... :wink:
evar

Post by evar »

Another request, for the most recent spline to stay on/active in the project window - rather than disappear when you select another tool.
Evar Simon
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

evar wrote:Another request, for the most recent spline to stay on/active in the project window - rather than disappear when you select another tool.
Hi Evar

Just press enter key when you reselect the spline tool

Hervé
evar

Post by evar »

Makes sense, didnt think redo would redo that. but thanks!
Evar Simon
AxelMertes

Color depth, file formats, etc...

Post by AxelMertes »

Hi Guys,

pretty cool to see Mirage evolving to more animation tools. Now my Cinitq makes a lot more sense to use!

What about support & processing with deeper color & formats, such as Cineon/DPX, OpenEXR, HDR, TIFF16, SGI16, PNG16, etc.? Anything on the horizon. For those of us using Mirage for retouch jobs its a must have feature to get it going in a cinema pipeline.

Any ideas on the update scheme? Any estimates on time frame and pricing?

What I really like to read is the fill with open gap lines! Would have saved us 50% work on the last job. If interested I may upload the video somewhere or post a link. Just let me know.

Keep on the good work, I love that program!

Thanks,
Axel
Regards,
Axel Mertes
Patrice

Re: Color depth, file formats, etc...

Post by Patrice »

AxelMertes wrote:What about support & processing with deeper color & formats, such as Cineon/DPX, OpenEXR, HDR, TIFF16, SGI16, PNG16, etc.? Anything on the horizon. For those of us using Mirage for retouch jobs its a must have feature to get it going in a cinema pipeline.
These formats will not appear in TVPaint Animation but they will come!

--

Ces formats n'apparaîtront pas dans TVPaint Animation mais ils arrivent!
Ex TVPaint Team
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: Color depth, file formats, etc...

Post by TVPaint »

AxelMertes wrote:Hi Guys,

pretty cool to see Mirage evolving to more animation tools. Now my Cinitq makes a lot more sense to use!

What about support & processing with deeper color & formats, such as Cineon/DPX, OpenEXR, HDR, TIFF16, SGI16, PNG16, etc.? Anything on the horizon. For those of us using Mirage for retouch jobs its a must have feature to get it going in a cinema pipeline.

Any ideas on the update scheme? Any estimates on time frame and pricing?

What I really like to read is the fill with open gap lines! Would have saved us 50% work on the last job. If interested I may upload the video somewhere or post a link. Just let me know.

Keep on the good work, I love that program!

Thanks,
Axel
Hey Axel,
nice to see you here ! :)
Regarding what you called a Mirage evolution, i'd like to bring some precisions... The Mirage product as you know it and use it, is a 100% TVPaint Technology. For some reasons, we are not involved in its development anymore. Perhaps the Mirage product range will evolve, but without our technology. The actual version can only evolved with new plugins or stuff like that.

Regarding the formats you mentioned, as Patrice said, they won't be available in TVPaint Animation.
All i can say is that we have very cool stuff in prevision that will bring you satisfaction. We are working on it since some month now but the situation made us change our plans. Actually we planned to release TVPaint Animation, some month later we'll release a new product with video functionalities. Finally we'll release next year a product with a totally new engine but i can't say more for the moment.

Regards,
Nicolas