Custom Export footage configuration?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Re: Custom Export footage configuration?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Sewie wrote:And yet After Effects (CS5) uses a system for exporting QT in which the settings of a previous render can be copied to a new one..
Yes , After Effects keeps the users export settings , and also Digicel Flipbook and ToonBoom Studio will remember the users' preferred export settings (H.264 - 24 FPS , or whatever you customarily use ...) so it can be done. It is not just a problem inherent in Quicktime.
Digicel_Flipbook_Export_Settings.jpg
Digicel_Flipbook_Export_Settings.jpg (74.22 KiB) Viewed 11098 times
ToonBoom_Export_Panel.jpg
ToonBoom_Export_Panel.jpg (76.06 KiB) Viewed 11098 times
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

I just want to cast my vote for custom export presets.

Today I found myself jumping between three different output sizes and file formats for multiple scenes, and it was very tedious to have to repeatedly enter varying options in the Export panel. I thought maybe I was missing something (I'm a long time animator but fairly new to TVPaint,) but couldn't find any info on the topic. Then I found this thread and I see that it is a long-standing issue.

If we could get user customizable export options that we can select from a presets list, that would be incredibly helpful. Thanks for considering this feature request.
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

It can be done though some scripting in George.
Let us know your needs and we will try to post something (or at least find something close to your needs, so you can tweak the script)
Fabrice Debarge
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for responding, and my apologies for this late reply. I just noticed your reply a few minutes ago.

Yes, if that's possible, that would be great! I'll send examples of what I'd like to see this evening.

(I'll have to look into George. I've written a few simple tools for After Effects at my workplace but I'm hardly an expert scripter.) :)

DRG
D.R. Greenlaw
Artist/Partner, Little Green Dog
Lead Digital Animator, DreamWorks Animation Television