TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Shanytc

Re: TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Post by Shanytc »

Fabrice wrote:
Shanytc wrote:I was actually thinking that TVPaint could add a vector tools (pen, move handles..etc), not converting the entire application to be vector based.
Bitmap is indeed awesome! I got nothing to say about it, and TVPaint does the job above the rest!

ToonBoom? naa comm'on that's a really.. really!!! bad application (in my eyes) Retas is far more Superior and advanced.

Prices did not change since 2006 (when TVPaint 8 was released) but the cost of living did : fuel, food, electricity... everything is much more expensive than 5 years ago =)
Yeah, true!
Hi Shanytc,

Indeed, at the moment, we have curve tools (Bezier, B Spline, 3 points ...), but no vector tools.
Btw, where are you from ? (I'm just curious, you are new in the forum, so ... I want to know ;) )

- - - - - -

Oh I forgot, the price of the standard edition will slightly change :
v9.5 Edition Standard : 475 euros
v10 Edition Standard : 495 euros
And of course, there is always the possibility to upgrade from "v10 standard edition" to "v10 professionnal edition" for the difference of price.

Yeah I know about the regular tools, the idea of vector tools are mainly to increase sales I guess and adding to the feature list :)

I'm from Israel and in the process of opening my own studio / create an animated film. So I'm buying gear, and tvpaint is my next purchase, so that's why I'm asking questions on the vector tools.
- CEO & Founder at AnimDesk 2D Animation Studio -
isd

Post by isd »

Well I unfortunately can't afford to pay almost 500$ on top of the 1000$ I already paid for the application.
Half the original price for an update(and no improvement of this spartan keyframer^^;)? I thought a comma was forgotten somewhere. Expensive updates never helped popularity nor appeal to new users.

This year I have already got a tsunami, several earthquakes and i still have thousands millions of bequerels of free health problems around that cost our family more than the price of TVpaint every month. Add to this an international economic crisis and you get a sorry not this time folks.

If I had 500$ to throw I would buy a 128GB iPad or a mac mini ;)
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

I would like to see it this way:
TVP is the software I am working every day with, I am doing my own projects, teaching with TVP, and some commercials, trailer and clips (if I got the time).
So it is about 1,10 Euros per day/anno and not taking the 10.x updates (for 9.x they were free !) in account.

There also more benefits, one of the best is, that the TVP Dev-Team is listening to their users, which is really remarkable. You can see it if you're following the Forums for the past and comparing it with the feature additions and changes since v8.

I'm In

Post by hilary »

Thanks Elodie - Just got here in the nick of time. I have been looking for it on your home page so I am very grateful to be able to take advantage of this!
Cheers,
Hilary
PS Oh and I agree with Klaus - a small dedicated team that takes the time and energy to listen and inform their users is worth is weight in gold.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

TVPaint is just about my favorite application of all time and I have been kicking my heels in joy ever since they made it available for Linux (and 64-bit)!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Yeah I know about the regular tools, the idea of vector tools are mainly to increase sales I guess and adding to the feature list :)

I'm from Israel and in the process of opening my own studio / create an animated film. So I'm buying gear, and tvpaint is my next purchase, so that's why I'm asking questions on the vector tools.
Thanks and welcome ! We have other people from your country here :) (like Malconning ;) )

The next challenge in TVPaint will be rules, guides, and colors related stuff. So it will help to make drawings.
But that's in a few months, if not years. You can share your requests in the "feature request" section of the board.

The smooth line option also helps a lot when trying to do clean lines.
Fabrice Debarge
Shanytc

Post by Shanytc »

Fabrice wrote:

Thanks and welcome ! We have other people from your country here :) (like Malconning ;) )

The next challenge in TVPaint will be rules, guides, and colors related stuff. So it will help to make drawings.
But that's in a few months, if not years. You can share your requests in the "feature request" section of the board.

The smooth line option also helps a lot when trying to do clean lines.
nice to know there are other people here too :) will try contact them, thanks!

yeah, i'm playing with the mac osx 9.5 demo, not much options, but indeed works pretty well with my cintiq!

i'll add some to the feature list, thanks :)
- CEO & Founder at AnimDesk 2D Animation Studio -
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

note to japanese users :

The Software interface will be released in Japanese as usual. The export in PDF will handle japanese characters.
The manual won't be ready in japanese on december 6th, but we will try to translate it step by step next year :
First there will be the screenshots in japanese, then some lessons if possible.
We will keep you in touch specifically.
Fabrice Debarge
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:The above post inspired me to investigate Wacom's software once more and lo-and behold, there is a NEW WACOM software UPGRADE
It's specifically for 32 and 64 bit programs and the option for pressure compatibility doesn't have to be checked anymore for TVP 10. I can tell the difference already with just trying a few strokes. I can go from a very, very thin line to a stronger one using the same TVP settings as I've always used, yet I now have much more control over the progress from extremely thin to normal. The new software version is 6.2.0.2 and was introduced on Nov. 11.
The latest driver I could find on Wacom's site was Driver 6.1.7-3 for USB Tablets on Windows 7, Vista or XP (32 & 64 bit) 13 Sep 2011. Where did you find this 6.2.0.2? Thanks. Sierra
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

It was here before: http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare/Dr ... =Windows+7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but has been taken offline it seems...
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
sharonkatz

Post by sharonkatz »

Fabrice wrote:nb : if you load an animation in a .xxx format, the save button will save using the new internal .AVI format.
Yay, no more messing with QuickTime. And for Mac users, we'll now have Export remember our preferred settings right? Kudos for building a movie format internal to TVPaint. :)
sharonkatz

Post by sharonkatz »

Klaus Hoefs wrote:I would like to see it this way:
TVP is the software I am working every day with, I am doing my own projects, teaching with TVP, and some commercials, trailer and clips (if I got the time).
So it is about 1,10 Euros per day/anno and not taking the 10.x updates (for 9.x they were free !) in account.

There also more benefits, one of the best is, that the TVP Dev-Team is listening to their users, which is really remarkable. You can see it if you're following the Forums for the past and comparing it with the feature additions and changes since v8.
Is there going to be a charge for 10.x updates? For 9.x they were free, but has that changed with v10?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

sharonkatz wrote:
Klaus Hoefs wrote:I would like to see it this way:

Is there going to be a charge for 10.x updates? For 9.x they were free, but has that changed with v10?
There won't be, as we use to do. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

hi, Everyone,
I just emailed Elodie, but then thought I could address my questions to the group, as well :idea: !
To give you an idea of what I need to figure out, I am a fine artist, illustrator, breaking into animation and am a very new newbie to it. Also, I know I am not eligible for this great offer, since I am only just beginning to work with the TVP trial version and am very new to the forums. But What I need to know, if you can help me, is will I benefit by waiting till version 10 is out or should I purchase 9.5 now and upgrade - the new interface is beautiful!
As a fine artist/illustrator, TVP seems to be the most effective way to create artistic type animation - the tools and brushes are phenomenal. Even more responsive than what I have been using in Painter 11/ Pshop/etc.
I hope to be up and "illustration animating" soon, so thanks for a great product, in advance!
Kathleen
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Since TVP 10 is going to be out in a just a few more days (Dec 6), you might as well wait for it.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX