Plugins..

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
elmisilhumano

Plugins..

Post by elmisilhumano »

I've found a lot of plugins and grg. scripts from different websites. i.e lemec's website and Digital art oasis forum etc. May I use mirage plugins in my TVPA? How about mirage freebies i.e. boardomatic? What's the right place for grg. scripts and plugins in OS X? From this blog http://inklingstudio.typepad.com/my_web ... y_com.html
I found an nteresting comment about "real pencil set". It's in the comment section. Do anybody knows is that available for TVPA or how to make those. I love the rough line in David Nethery's sketch pics in that blogpost..Lot of questions..Sorry. Just too busy at work and I'm trying to find the shotcut to learn all nice features of TVPA..

Mikko
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: Plugins..

Post by TVPaint »

elmisilhumano wrote:I've found a lot of plugins and grg. scripts from different websites. i.e lemec's website and Digital art oasis forum etc. May I use mirage plugins in my TVPA? How about mirage freebies i.e. boardomatic? What's the right place for grg. scripts and plugins in OS X? From this blog http://inklingstudio.typepad.com/my_web ... y_com.html
I found an nteresting comment about "real pencil set". It's in the comment section. Do anybody knows is that available for TVPA or how to make those. I love the rough line in David Nethery's sketch pics in that blogpost..Lot of questions..Sorry. Just too busy at work and I'm trying to find the shotcut to learn all nice features of TVPA..

Mikko
Hi Mikko !
Well... as far as i know, Lemec's plugins are fully compatible with TVP Animation since they're based on TVP Animation's SDK and furthermore they are often updated when the SDK is updated.

Theorically, all grg script should work in TVP Animation, except if these script are linked to specific external contents. I think it's what can happen with the board-o-matic... The scripts some tweaking in order to work fine i assume but i didn't test.

On OSX, you can reach the Plugin directory by RMB clicking the TVP Animation icon from the Application directory, then select Show Package Contents. Then Contents > Resources > Plugins.
There you can drop any grg script but you will need to load the script in a custom panel.

For the brushes, if you can access the original DIP file, there is no problem o re-use it in TVP Animation. Load it as a custom brush or an anim brush if it's animated and there it is, grab it and use it like you want !

Regards,
Nicolas
fanany

Re: Plugins..

Post by fanany »

elmisilhumano wrote:... I found an interesting comment about "real pencil set". It's in the comment section. Do anybody knows is that available for TVPA or how to make those.
the "real pencil set" you are refering to is nothing more than custom tweakings on standard pen tool,
and recorded in a custom panel, (using it with "paper" enable, at 20>40%)
is it available for TVPA? yes it is, just create a new custom panel, then (right-click in it) import the bin file,
but, in my opinion, you can tweak yourself easily your own pencils, with much more tweakings available
(as the "Jitter" new connection available with custom brushes), and use it with your own paper too,
once you've recorded them and "iconized" in your custom "drawing-tools bar", (save config when quit),
it will be so comfortable to use and re-use it later everytime, delightfully!...

btw, have you downloaded the last build (v1.1)?
and have you tested the new "Sketch Panel" ?
also check this thread titled "soft pencil" from malcooning, in the contents sharing section.
8)
elmisilhumano

Post by elmisilhumano »

Thanks for answering. It seems that I have to learn something...This software just have so much in it.
Fanfany: Yes I have 1.1 and the new sketchpanel is great. I just liked the roughness of David Nethery's drawings, but maybe I manage to make my own custom brushes..

Mikko