Tutorials please?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CartoonMonkey

Re: Tutorials please?

Post by CartoonMonkey »

What specifically would you like to know? I'd be glad to record a short session / tutorial. Let me know!
chatbraque

Post by chatbraque »

CartoonMonkey wrote:What specifically would you like to know? I'd be glad to record a short session / tutorial. Let me know!
To me it's the right way to go…

- giving a list of requests (like for the features)
- maybe voting (in order to set priorities)
- putting teatchers (volunteers ?) in front of them…

My first (rough) list :
- Using particles
- Tracking (stabilization 1 and 2)
- Wrapping grid
- The creation of buttons (with fx, etc…)
- Georges basic

Cartoonmonkey, what do you use to make the video captures ?
(I was thinking about IshowU ?)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

masterchief wrote:if somebody wanted to create video tutorials covering tvpaint and post them on their own website, they would first need your permission to do so?
People are free to make tutorials with TVPaint 10 if they want =)
But to put them on the website, we would need the "teacher"s agreement and also, the video would have to suit us (if the person is wrong in his / her tutorials or if the tutorial is really not understandable, we won't add it on the website).
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

chatbraque wrote:
CartoonMonkey wrote:What specifically would you like to know? I'd be glad to record a short session / tutorial. Let me know!
To me it's the right way to go…

- giving a list of requests (like for the features)
- maybe voting (in order to set priorities)
- putting teachers (volunteers ?) in front of them…

My first (rough) list :
- Using particles
- Tracking (stabilization 1 and 2)
- Wrapping grid
- The creation of buttons (with fx, etc…)
- Georges basic

Cartoonmonkey, what do you use to make the video captures ?
(I was thinking about IshowU ?)
So a list needs to be compiled and make a list of issues that the video should cover.
Using particles, to my mind, is a very broad subject. Maybe encourage all video makers to keep it simple.
Last edited by crayon10 on 13 Jan 2012, 16:06, edited 2 times in total.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

There's an extended video on the particle system that was done by Terrence Walker (studio artfx). I don't know if it's still available or not.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

break down the user manual into series of video tutorials demonstrating how to create a project, start to finish.. storyboards, X-sheets.. audio tracks.. everything. that should be ultimate goal for deciding what tutorials to make... now this does not necessarily need to be for FREE... there is tremendous resource of TVPaint talent within these forums to do exactly that! create a DVD training library, and market TVPaint at the same time. In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) ~peace
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

masterchief wrote:break down the user manual into series of video tutorials demonstrating how to create a project, start to finish.. storyboards, X-sheets.. audio tracks.. everything. that should be ultimate goal for deciding what tutorials to make... now this does not necessarily need to be for FREE... there is tremendous resource of TVPaint talent within these forums to do exactly that! create a DVD training library, and market TVPaint at the same time. In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) ~peace
My two cents: as a new user, getting my TVP10 today, I have been trying to use the old 8. tutorials on the 10 demo version: not good. So, I like this idea of yours to create a video to come with the software, for the first-time user- that include a start-to-finish project. It is overwhelming to try and figure all of the rich features of tvpaint out at the beginning. A clear, simple, HOW TO beginning tutorial would be perfect. Then , later, we could subscribe to the more complicated and involved tutorials. Like LYNDA.com, but simpler.
osX 10.7.5 intel iMac, i7MBP
TVP Pro 10.0.14
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

I am thinking about PREMIUM content that you either get a subscription for, or purchase individual titles..
TVPaint Animation University has a nice ring to it... what do you think?

EDIT: on a side note, I just finished a conversation with folks at lynda.com .. seems that video training that they offer is actually created in their California studios, which if of the highest quality BTW. ~peace
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

masterchief wrote:I am thinking about PREMIUM content that you either get a subscription for, or purchase individual titles..
TVPaint Animation University has a nice ring to it... what do you think?
I like the idea a lot - I have used LYNDA, even Corel, and would definitely subscribe to TVPaint Animation U.
Also I think including a beginner tutorial with the software would really pique everyone's interest in subscribing to the PREMIUM, too. :idea:
Though, I'm thinking, like you said, to have available for purchase, it might be easier on TV Paint if tutorials were made available when they were finished - instead of having to keep up with the demands of a subscription service... 8) ?
TVP Pro 10.0.14
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

The tutorials that Bauhaus provided with Mirage (aka TVPaint 7, for those who don't know the story) were pretty good, each was on a specific topic and provided a short demo. It's just a matter of people finding the time to make these kinds of tutorials (and maybe the money, too). The ones Mark Chong did for TVP 9.5 were good, too, they just need some updating.
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

idragosani wrote:The tutorials that Bauhaus provided with Mirage (aka TVPaint 7, for those who don't know the story) were pretty good, each was on a specific topic and provided a short demo. It's just a matter of people finding the time to make these kinds of tutorials (and maybe the money, too). The ones Mark Chong did for TVP 9.5 were good, too, they just need some updating.
Do you mean the ones for "Beginner" etc.? Those are quite helpful - they got me through to the first concept of using layers and I loved them. I was also trying to use the older ones on conventional animation for the "Running Kid" but there were some difficulties with that and the demo for 10, I think.
For me, a perennial student in many ways, tutorials are a great way to learn, especially if we can use them at our own speed, so I like the idea of buying them more and more, rather than a LYNDA-like subscription.
TVP Pro 10.0.14
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

The videos for TVP 9 by Mark Chong (aka lamelemec) cover a lot of the basics, like the 'Bouncing Ball' demo, 'How to Color, Animate, etc', and there are one on animated brushes and brush configuration that are really good, too. They are the closest to what's in TVP10
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen »

idragosani wrote:The videos for TVP 9 by Mark Chong (aka lamelemec) cover a lot of the basics, like the 'Bouncing Ball' demo, 'How to Color, Animate, etc', and there are one on animated brushes and brush configuration that are really good, too. They are the closest to what's in TVP10
Good, thanks, I'll try 'em tomorrow - another "snowed in" day, looks like :D
TVP Pro 10.0.14
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

masterchief wrote:if somebody wanted to create video tutorials covering tvpaint and post them on their own website, they would first need your permission to do so?
Anybody can create and host TVPaint tutorials.
Chad, Terrence, Lemec, ... did it in the past :)
Fabrice Debarge
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Fabrice wrote:
Anybody can create and host TVPaint tutorials.
Chad, Terrence, Lemec, ... did it in the past :)
I have a number of Lemec training videos already which are very nicely done! Mark also develops plugins which I have gladly purchased in the past. I also have a library of Terrence Walker films. I have subscribed to variety of video training sites, ie, Lynda.com streams video training, SimplyLightwave and SimplyMaya provide video tutorial downloads .. cmiVFX streams video training, ZBrush Workshops also streams video training. There are many others.

We want and need organized and comprehensive library of video training for TVPaint.