Tutorials please?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ingie01

Re: Tutorials please?

Post by ingie01 »

Since my first post it is gratefying to see the response to providing tutorials for tvPaint10. This forum is truly a resource for beginner to expert. I am very glad I found your community as it has been my prime resource and mentor(s). Thank you to all who responded.
ingie01
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ingie01 wrote:Since my first post it is gratefying to see the response to providing tutorials for tvPaint10. This forum is truly a resource for beginner to expert. I am very glad I found your community as it has been my prime resource and mentor(s). Thank you to all who responded.
ingie01
some new tutorials are planed : scan cleaner, papers, layers, etc ... and some translations too.
Everything step by step :)
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I know from experience that making these video tutorials is a very time-consuming process , so I almost hate to mention this because it would mean extra work revising the videos, but if I may be permitted to make a small suggestion:

The text overlays on the tutorials should be in WHITE (or light grey) font so the text shows up more clearly on the dark grey background . Black text on the dark background doesn't "pop" out as clearly as lighter text .

I understand given the limited amount of time there is to spend on doing the videos that it may not be possible to re-do the current set of video tutorials, but for any further video tutorials that are planned I would strongly suggest using a white or light-grey text (or yellow) text on top of the dark grey background. (white text with a drop shadow effect can also pop out nicely) .

For example, in the video tutorial "How to Create a Brush" the title looks good in white text on the dark grey background:
TVPaint_tutorial_01_White_Title.jpg
TVPaint_tutorial_01_White_Title.jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 29584 times
But then in the main part of the tutorial the black text against the grey background does not read as clearly:
TVP_Tuto_02_black_text_not_as_visible.jpg
TVP_Tuto_02_black_text_not_as_visible.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 29584 times

For comparison, here is the same frame with the text in white with a drop-shadow effect:
TVP_Tuto_03_white_text_is_better.jpg
TVP_Tuto_03_white_text_is_better.jpg (69.71 KiB) Viewed 29584 times

ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

D.T. Nethery wrote: For comparison, here is the same frame with the text in white with a drop-shadow effect:
Aye.
When possible, I think that it make a font-weight little more and should be better lower luminosity of the text field.
tutorial_text.jpg
Or use Youtube Subtitle function (Français / Deutsche /Español).
It will be required some Language translation text file that TVPaint supports to use.
However, it shortens the time that encoding and fix of upload or misprint : It is possible to customization of subtitle text font name, color, background and plural line indication.
tutorial_text2.jpg
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

it sounds possible to work on the text and BG color. (it was made on separated layers)

Re-recording a whole video is an other story.
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Fabrice wrote: Re-recording a whole video is an other story.
Nightmares... again ...
artfx

Post by artfx »

ingie01 wrote:Since my first post it is gratefying to see the response to providing tutorials for tvPaint10. This forum is truly a resource for beginner to expert. I am very glad I found your community as it has been my prime resource and mentor(s). Thank you to all who responded.
ingie01
I also have some new tutorials in the works. My next will be on storyboarding and animatics with basic sound and music. I love how fast you can build you basic movie in TVP and then just refine and refine and refine.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
artfx

Post by artfx »

My latest tutorial on storyboarding and animatics is here!

Storyboards and Animatics

Whether you want to storyboard your project for print, or create a complete video animatic with sound FX and music, this video will get you up and running faster than you ever thought possible. You will see how quickly your project can spring to life and begin telling your story!
Last edited by artfx on 28 Oct 2012, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Terrence Walker
artfx

Post by artfx »

kaushalsingh wrote:This tutorials are good but can you give me some more links on animatics.
Sites like this one have a lot of general information about animatics, but are generally focused on how they are used in the film and video game industry.
Terrence Walker
dan

Post by dan »

:idea:
I won't ask for money for making a few video tutorials on my YouTube channel (which is a nice promotion by itself), But I won't mind to get for hanukchristmas a free copy of the latest version to show what I can do with the right tools on my future YouTube cartoons and also give a few of my tips and tricks (video tutorials) from time to time to share with the world.
how rude of me... hehe :wink:

Now seriously, If TV PAINT TEAM would like to sponsor future cartoons of mine as a promotion for TVP on my YouTube channel (which is still growing... about 12,500 subscribers for now) feel free to message me :)
I believe that the world MUST KNOW about TVP Animation software and this great community which I truly admire.

My English isn't very well, but it's amusing and whenever I show something, people get thirsty for more and more...
people flooding my YouTube inbox asking for MORE... and the most common question is:
"what software do you use?"

Here is an example of how FUN it could be to learn with me ;)

Sorry about my bad English, and Rudeness...
it's all with much love for TVP community :wink:

Happy holidays everybody! and keep up the good job.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Here's a tutorial made by former Disney animator Dave Zaboski:

http://vimeo.com/57043308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you David for posting it. I wanted to do it for 5 days :p
artfx

Post by artfx »

My Final Independent Animation Training course is soon going to be arriving at version 2, so I am running a big sale on my site this week. Get the Indie Animation course now, at a huge discount, and then get the upgrade free.

Check it out...
Terrence Walker
artfx

Post by artfx »

I am putting EVERYTHING on sale this week as part of my Ultimate sale. These are the lowest prices I have ever had on my TVPaint and independent animation tutorials. Feel free to check it out.

Terrence Walker