TVP and Tablet PC's

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
lemec

Post by lemec »

I find that of all the four rotation orientations: primary landscape is the only one where the subpixel will work properly. If it's rotated into primary portrait or secondary portrait or secondary landscape, then stylus clicks just won't go where you want them to.

You can try bringing up the virtual keyboard and hit Esc to get out of the config window, or plug in a mouse and regain control, or just rotate the screen back to primary landscape. The only problem is that on motion computing computers, and on some other tabletPCs, the buttons wind up on the right-side of the screen -- which is a little more difficult if you like having them on the left side, for handling flipping functions, etc.
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

ahhhh! Thanks for the suggestions. With the help of the keyboard joystick
I managed to turn it on but even in Primary portrait my line is way off the stylus. Shame. it looks like such a smooth line too.

The more I play with TVP on the tablet the more I'm liking it. Fingers crossed that the guys can tweak the programme for the tablet easily!
lemec

Post by lemec »

MrChoy >> that's because the subpixel mode is not applying the tablet calibration -- it's applying the tablet's raw data. I switched to the circular cursor and mentally keep note of where the offset is. It's goofy but I somehow adapted to it.
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

a bit like using an ordinary wacom and screen only much closer :D