Missing in Action

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Yojimbo

Missing in Action

Post by Yojimbo »

Are there no element scripts in TVPaint? (Or maybe they are accessed differently on the Macintosh) Seems like a lot of good old tools from the Aura and Mirage days cannot be used if there is no element.

Seems like a few Fx Stack tools are missing too.
------
Yojimbo
The last man standing with a fist full of dollars
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Scripts aren't gone, they just moved across the street :)

To make use George scripts, you have to use the custom panels.

Either create a new one, or use an existing one, it's your choice.
To create a new, in an existing panel right clic in an empty space and select "All Panels > New Tool Bar". Then give him a meaninful name with "This Panel > Rename".

To add a script, right clic in the panel and select "Add Action".
This will open a new window.
There you can give a name and set the icon, and all the actions to take when clicking on the button. To execute a script, clic on the "None" popup and select "Set script", this will open a file browser to select the script.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
fabrice_

Re: Missing in Action

Post by fabrice_ »

Yojimbo wrote:Are there no element scripts in TVPaint? (Or maybe they are accessed differently on the Macintosh) Seems like a lot of good old tools from the Aura and Mirage days cannot be used if there is no element.

Seems like a few Fx Stack tools are missing too.
Yojimbo,

A chapter about George is currently under construction for the user-manual.
Stay tunned. :D

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Thank you very much for your help.

I will use the custom panel next time. ;)
------
Yojimbo
The last man standing with a fist full of dollars
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Is this how to add certain tools from Mirage like "Blue Pencil Case" and "Animator's Tool Bar" ? I tried these with the trial version of TVPaint but Animator's Tool Bar was non-functional and Blue Pencil Case only functions were Blue Pencil, Black Pencil, and Erase. The "Turn All Blue" , "Turn All Black" , and "Delete Blue" are not functional when Blue Pencil Case .bin is loaded to TVPaint .
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

with inbedded "Animator Panel" and "Sketch Panel", you shoudn't need the old Plugins anymore. 8)
beside this, just for information, I have installed another old external plugin (from the Aura days ...)
and it DOES work with TVPA!!!
thanks to the TVP team for high-level compatibility! :D
A1

Post by A1 »

I tried the same thing with the very first demo of tvpaint. I could get some features from the ATB to work, but with a lot of hassle. Element script is now 'grg' script wich is a little different or something like that, so not every element script works well with tvpaint. But you don't need to bother, because tvpaint now has an animatorpanel that makes the ATB obsolete and gives additional features. (markers, a flip function,...)
Also i believe there is some sort of sketch panel that might give you the
tools you need for roughing and cleaning. So check out your panels (make sure to have the last version of tvp, there are regular updates and so people tend to yell for things that are allready there :) and see if it fits your needs. If not, give suggestions to the tvpaint dev people (feature request in the forum) for improving tvpaint.

hope this helps,
cheers!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ZigOtto wrote:with inbedded "Animator Panel" and "Sketch Panel", you shoudn't need the old Plugins anymore. 8)
beside this, just for information, I have installed another old external plugin (from the Aura days ...)
and it DOES work with TVPA!!!
thanks to the TVP team for high-level compatibility! :D

What is the "Sketch Panel" ? I can not find Sketch Panel. Is that the same as "Tool Bin" ?

I can not find the "Paper Cut" tool from Animator's Tool Bar in the TVP Animator Panel ---

"PaperCut removes white substrata from scanned images with black lines. Black pixels are rendered with appropriate opacity in the result, while white areas become fully transparent. This permits the artist to use advanced filling options to color scanned ink drawings (such as Behind painting mode and the Fill tool's Smooth and Expand settings.)"

What is the equivalent tool in TVP Animator Panel ?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

D.T. Nethery wrote:What is the "Sketch Panel" ? I can not find Sketch Panel. Is that the same as "Tool Bin" ?
nope, it's a custom panel named "Sketch Panel"
if closed, open it by: main menu > Windows/Sketch Panel ,
btw, what TVPA version do you have, DT ? and what OS ?
D.T. Nethery wrote:I can not find the "Paper Cut" tool from Animator's Tool Bar in the TVP Animator Panel ---
"Scan-Cleaner", but as an FX, in the FX Stack,
you can tweak the luma-curve to keep the pencil strokes (as much as possible) and delete the paper.
Last edited by ZigOtto on 16 Nov 2006, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

ZigOtto wrote:
D.T. Nethery wrote:What is the "Sketch Panel" ? I can not find Sketch Panel. Is that the same as "Tool Bin" ?
nope, it's a custom panel named "Sketch Panel"
if closed, open it by: main menu > Windows/Sketch Panel ,
btw, what TVPA version do you have, DT ? and what OS ?

Thanks.

I have TVPaint Animation 8.0 (Trial version) . Mac OS 10.4.8
on MacBook (Intel processor) .
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

you can update your demo-version here.
ramblindawg

How can I make a "Scan-Cleaner" button?

Post by ramblindawg »

D.T. Nethery wrote:I can not find the "Paper Cut" tool from Animator's Tool Bar in the TVP Animator Panel ---
"Scan-Cleaner", but as an FX, in the FX Stack,
you can tweak the luma-curve to keep the pencil strokes (as much as possible) and delete the paper.
I use Scan Cleaner quite a bit, and I have saved my own personal settings for it within the FX Stack. It would be great if I could turn this into a button on my custom panel, but I can't find an option within "add action" to add a specific FX Stack item. I tried exporting the setting from the FX stack and then importing it as a custom panel, , but that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks! --Sherm
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

me too.

i ALWAYS have to set the default graph to a straight line.
i think that default was created to clean up an average pencil drawing, and discard of light smudges etc..
but i always want to keep all the information from the scan and only remove the white.

so.... i would also like to find a way to either change this default or make a 'real' paper-cut custom button.
Attachments
scancleaner.jpg
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Re: How can I make a "Scan-Cleaner" button?

Post by ZigOtto »

ramblindawg wrote:... It would be great if I could turn this into a button on my custom panel, but I can't find an option within "add action" to add a specific FX Stack item. I tried exporting the setting from the FX stack and then importing it as a custom panel, , but that didn't work ...
oh very easy, only 2 steps :
- first, adjust the profile of your ScanCleaner_FX and add the Bin as "myScanCleaner" (upper button, see pict.1),
- then create a CP button with these 2 actions : 0 = Set FXStack Bin: myScanCleaner, 1 = Key: FXStack: Apply
then "OK" and it's done, your new button is ready to use!

ps: if it's for a full animlayer (with X frames), add a "Key: Layer: Select All Images" before the "Key: FXStack: Apply" command.
(see pict.2) 8)

ps2 : if you already have some FXs in the Stack, and want to recover them after a ScanClean-up ,
it's worth adding 2 other script commands, one on top : "tv_stacksavebin mycurrentstack",
and the other at the tail-end: "tv_stackloadbin \mycurrentstack".
Attachments
scancleaner2.png
scancleaner2.png (7.09 KiB) Viewed 34089 times
scancleaner1.png
scancleaner1.png (3.89 KiB) Viewed 34089 times
ramblindawg

That's awesome...it WORKS!

Post by ramblindawg »

ZigOtto wrote: oh very easy, only 2 steps :
- first, adjust the profile of your ScanCleaner_FX and add the Bin as "myScanCleaner" (upper button, see pict.1),
- then create a CP button with these 2 actions : 0 = Set FXStack Bin: myScanCleaner, 1 = Key: FXStack: Apply
then "OK" and it's done, your new button is ready to use!
That's awesome...it WORKS! I really appreciate that, Zig...I'm sure it will be helpful to many others too. VERY very helpful!

When you said, "create a CP button with these 2 actions : 0 = Set FXStack Bin: myScanCleaner" I was stumbling on that for a bit until I realized I had to TYPE a command in the #0 box where it said: "Type Script's Command." I had never done that before. Then I chose the key command as you said into the #1 Box. I'm just spelling this out for other people like me who have no experience with typing command-line instructions. I have added some screenshots of my own to show the additional steps. Enjoy!
Attachments
If your browser doesn't display the image, just send me a message and I'll email it to you personally.
If your browser doesn't display the image, just send me a message and I'll email it to you personally.