rooms

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Henk Beumers

rooms

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi
At the moment I'm working on a project in which I use a lot of photo's and other material as a reference for the design. Normally I work in a two monitor configuration. Right for drawing and on the left I have meanly the Project panel so I can see all the layers. ( I read Paul uses 4 monitors. I asume they are not connected to the same computer. )
In this case the interface of tvpaint blocks the photo's on the left monitor. So I went to room 2 and set tvp to the right monitor to draw on and have al the reference material on the left. I did this for a couple of day's and when I went back to room one everything was like I configured it over 2 monitors. At least I think it was. I needed to go back to room 1 lot's of times to check on a job I just finished. Today, all of a sudden every room is on one monitor when I set one of the rooms to one monitor or... when I switch back to 2 monitors all the rooms are on 2 monitors. In the manual there is no mention of saving the configuration of the seperate rooms.
I yesterday installed TVP 10.0.11 that's all.
Strange things happening here. I had these crashes over and over and they stop without any clou. Just a few days ago I had a friend visiting me. I showed him how my brushes didn't went of my pen when I hit "b" for brush. Very annoying because you can't see what you're doing with the image of the previous brush over your drawing. When I showed him to see what he thought of it it didn't happen. Also the crash using warp I couldn't reproduce. :oops:
Maybe the software became a living entity and I pissed it off for some reason.

Henk.

Like always, if you want to show something, it refuses to happen. But annoyingly it's back and it keeps happening in a random fashion. I wonder if nobody else suffers from this unworkable erratic behaviour.
I'll discribe the problem again.
First problem. I have a number of penbrushes specitied in the bin of the toolbar. When I'm drawing, all of a sudden I have this unspecified penbrush on my cursor and in my options. The penbrush is completely alien to me. I never specified it. It's always on erase, and the size and power are both on pressure. It's not in my bin. I tried all brushes in the bin a number of times but they all are like I specified them. Still this penbrush shows up very regularly. A few times a day.
Second problem. When I cut something from an image and I want to do this again I hit undu to get the original image back. I hit "b" for brush. Normally the brush I had on my cursor disappears so I can select a new brush. But this is not the case anymore. The previous brush keeps sticking on the position of my cursor at the moment I hit "b". Out of habbit I have my cursor ready on the position I want to work so the previous brush hides the the image that I want to work on. I have to select a brush to get rid of this. But than I already cutout something I could'nt see so most of the time I have to do this again. Very very very frustating because you have to get rid of a working habbit that developed itself in alot of years.
Third problem and this is a new one. When I'm in effects and I set the gamma in color adjust on 0.8 the adjust an image, the effect stays in effect even when I uncheck preview. I have to go to the next frame and back again to get the original image back. This happens not only in Color adjust. This is unworkable.
I never had these problems before and I did'nt change my computer. I installed the latest version of TVP and all my drivers windows are up to date.
I have 4 gig of memory installed and even though it seems not enough I did not had these problems before. I tried and shut down every thing and started the computer again. I only opened TVP and the project I was working on. No internet or other programs running. It does'nt make any difference.
If somebody has a clue, please let me know.

Henk.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.