Importing video footage issues

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
P2 Studios

Re: Importing video footage issues

Post by P2 Studios »

I have had the same problem. I found that it was much simpler then I thought it would be and what was being explained here.
When you go to new under the layer menu in the timeline you will have the option to import. Select import and make sure that *all files is selected. Then in after you choose the file you want to import it will pop up a second selection screen. You probably have see this quite a few times. Choose what ever frame rate you want and what type of format you have for your project. Now this is where it is simple and yet easy to overlook. The four sub menus, Project/Clip/Layer/Custom Brush tabs. Under the project tab make sure you select image in the split scene menu. This is important, Make sure that in all the tabs you uncheck single frame. In the clip tab select stretch to project size and correct aspect. Everything else remains unchecked. Under the layer menu check the same options in the Clip tab. The most important step is to make sure that you deselect the single frame option in ALL the tabs.
I hope this helps :)
I also do videos every week on Youtube to learn this software from the beginning to the end. You can also request a video and I would be happy to oblige!

2D Magic
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClO7qI ... WlRJrvwOGg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

P2 Studios, pirates are NOT welcome here.
Fabrice Debarge
Anim-Illustrate

Post by Anim-Illustrate »

Hello.

I was wondering if there is a limitiatons on wich video format that can be importet into TvPaint. 10 pro?

I´m trying to import some video footage from a sony experia compact telephone. But with no luck?

I have tried two way that I know of.

1: File / Open/Import...
2: In the timeline-Right click /Import footage.

Non of theses ways work.

Anybody with a good free advise :) ??

Thanks in advance.

Anim.
Attachments
Udklip001.JPG
Udklip001.JPG (29.36 KiB) Viewed 12781 times
Udklip002.JPG
Udklip002.JPG (22.98 KiB) Viewed 12781 times
Tvpaint 10,5,7 pro 64 user.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

TVP exports .mov, .mp4 and .avi files on my Mac. If it plays in the native player of your operating system, it should import as well. If not, I have to convert it first.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Anim-Illustrate

Post by Anim-Illustrate »

slowtiger

Thank you for your reply.

Anim.
Tvpaint 10,5,7 pro 64 user.