annoyance with layer panel zooming

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
malcooning

annoyance with layer panel zooming

Post by malcooning »

there's an annoyance in the current version of tvp pro (8.1.1) that didn't exist in previous versions:
When I use Alt+pen-side-switch button to zoom in on layers in the layer panel, as I get to the largest view (where I can see every frame) the marker suddenly jumps and offsets my view on the whole layer panel, so I have to scroll to find my marker position again.

any idea?

asaf
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

yes, i have the same behaviour.
when i'm almost at frame-scale the view jumps sideways out of sight.

and another timeline navigation issue:

when draging the cursor to the left past the zero mark (or whatever value is set as startframe number) the layers and timeline shift to the right.

in 99,9 % of the cases this behaviour is not convenient, because usually there is no content to the left of the zero.
it would be better if scrolling stops when zero is reached. (or in case there is content on the negative side, when the furthest project image is reached)
i think this would make navigation much easier.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Tantalus wrote:and another timeline navigation issue:

when draging the cursor to the left past the zero mark (or whatever value is set as startframe number) the layers and timeline shift to the right.

in 99,9 % of the cases this behaviour is not convenient, because usually there is no content to the left of the zero.
it would be better if scrolling stops when zero is reached. (or in case there is content on the negative side, when the furthest project image is reached)
i think this would make navigation much easier.
same issue here, and I agree with your clever suggestion, to knock and stop on the lastest existing frame of the project,
or, at least, a togglable option in the preference panel, "block/unblock negative frame access in the TimeLine".
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

ZigOtto wrote: same issue here, and I agree with your clever suggestion, to knock and stop on the lastest existing frame of the project,
or, at least, a togglable option in the preference panel, "block/unblock negative frame access in the TimeLine".
Good idea :D