Copy and paste mystery Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ZigOtto

Re: Copy and paste mystery

Post by ZigOtto »

Svengali wrote:Paul,
I think you have to freehand select what you want to copy before clicking the C icon.
yes, the [C] button is a "Copy from Selection" command,
so you need to draw a selection first, with any selection tool,
but you can change it to a simple "Cut Brush" if it matches better in your workflow.
I often use this [Selection to Brush] command (instead of the classic Cut-Brush)
when the outlining of the area I want to select is too convoluted to be drawn in a single stroke,
sometimes, with complex shape (with holes f.i.), it's easier to adjust/refine the cutting boundaries
by using several selection strokes alternatively in [Add] and [Sub] mode.
another difference (limitation) with [Cut Brush] is that the [Selection to Brush] copy only the layer's content,
where [Cut Brush] has 2 options available "Layer" and "Display",
unfortunately, we still have no "Display" option with the [Selection to Brush] cutting tool, :(
also missing to me, the possibility to toggle the selection Add/Sub mode via a shortkey,
or have I missed something new regarding these 2 issues ?
Paul Fierlinger wrote:... it's really a simple case of cut and paste.
indeed,
or more exactly, a simple Copy and (multi)Paste without breaking Instance(s) .
8)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

ZO,
Doesn't the RMB let you undraw shapes in Selection mode?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
MindChamber

Post by MindChamber »

Thank god for this thread.
i spent a bit of time trying to figure this out.
Thanks for all the great replies and saved hair pulling.
Its still un-intuitive , and it pained me to see the original poster walk on egg shells trying not to offend developers while expressing his thoughts on how backwards some of these functions seem.
I work a full time job and I try to get in an hour or two of animation in when I can.. so it can be a bit distressing when a 3rd of that time is looking up functions, that have been already normalized.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Yes, thanks to David's feedback, copy pasting with selection works in TVPaint 11.0.8.
That's the point of this forum : share experience and feedback to improve the technology. So if you are further questions on the software, please let us know.