Moving around project window

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
David_Fine

Moving around project window

Post by David_Fine »

Is there a key equivalent for moving around the project window instead of using the little button on the bottom right of the window? If there is, I would be curious to know where the manual indicates this as well.
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Moving around project window

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Hmmm... would pressing the Alt key while pushing a zoomed in project around qualify as a key? Then I like to use a very maximally minimized Navigator panel placed next to the Project window and that I believe covers it. Of course, the Alt key can be made available on the Wacom tablet. I am fond of all three of these equally.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Ah yes, the ALT key. Perfect. Thank you Paul. Still baffles me as to why I cannot find this info in the manual. Is it me?

By the way, while I have your ear, I have a question about using the panning tool, but I will post that in my other discussion about moving items, since it was specifically mentioned as a way to do that. http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I assume it's mentionned in the guide, probably in lesson 6 (i'm using my phone).

There is also a vidéo tutorial that explains basic shortcut and alt is shown :)
mox

Post by mox »

You can read the keyboard shortcut via the tooltip (called "Inline Help") too, full mode only (Help > InLine Help > Full).
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
dperro

Post by dperro »

Hi David!
My #1 favorite hot key is ALT used in various ways:

ALT and dragging with your Cintiq pen = move the art (world) around
ALT and dragging with your Cintiq pen while holding the right mouse button (lower button on the pen) = zoom in/out
Make CTR + L (which I set up as my Toggle Light Table command in the Preferences) the function for the upper button and then the upper button with ALT allows you to rotate the art (because it reads CTR first).

CTR + L as the "toggle light table" on the upper Cintiq pen button is THE most useful tool for animators I have ever found. It allows you to (almost unconsciously) turn your light table on and off, which you do all the time with key animation. It sure is faster than reaching under the traditional table for the lamp switch!

Note: If using this set up, make sure you go to Menu Bar: Edit/Preferences and turn OFF the "Stroke Animator" or you will scroll automatically through your timeline when trying to rotate your art.
Attachments
WacomPrefs.jpg
WacomPrefs.jpg (223.84 KiB) Viewed 15394 times
tvp_shortcut.jpg
prefs.jpg
prefs.jpg (84.34 KiB) Viewed 15394 times
Program Coordinator/Instructor: 2D Animation & Visual Development
Instructor: 3D Animation for Film and Games
Capilano University, North Vancouver Canada

Windows 10, 64bit on a Vaio Canvas Z