issue with XSheet

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
malcooning

issue with XSheet

Post by malcooning »

I am trying to see if I can "nest" a project in another project via XSheet.

I create a simple project. This project has one layer with 3 frames on repeat, and another layer with continuous animation on it. the project plays just fine. (see 'Source Project.jpg' below).

Then, I make a an XSheet layer, and one source layer, and set the source to be the project that I created earlier. It appears fine in the XSheet tab display, and includes the looped layer into the thumbnails (see 'result.jpg' below). I then select all the frames in the Source layer, and Drag n Drop the layers in the new XSheet layer. But what I get is that the XSheet layer ignores the 'repeat' command on the original project layer (see 'result.jpg' below). I tried the same with setting the 'Default Source' to the only source layer, but the result is the same.

In case that I explained the problem clear enough, can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
Attachments
result.jpg
result.jpg (124.16 KiB) Viewed 14894 times
source project.jpg
source project.jpg (36.25 KiB) Viewed 14894 times
ZigOtto

Re: issue with XSheet

Post by ZigOtto »

malcooning wrote:I create a simple project. This project has one layer with 3 frames on repeat, and another layer with continuous animation on it. the project plays just fine. (see 'Source Project.jpg' below).
work-around = in the project-source, drag the ending-handle of your "3 frames" layer to fit the full length of the project, and choose "Increase Layer Length/Repeat/loop". it should work.
(I'm not on my computer to check the post-behavior respect in the Xsheet source, but according what you said, it seems to be a bug)
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Oops, yes it's a bug.
We're working on it.
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

ZigOtto wrote:work-around = in the project-source, drag the ending-handle of your "3 frames" layer to fit the full length of the project, and choose "Increase Layer Length/Repeat/loop".
you say to stretch which layer, the original project layer, or the Src layer in the XSheet?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

malcooning wrote:you say to stretch which layer, the original project layer, or the Src layer in the XSheet?
the original project layer.
Attachments
stretchLayer.gif
stretchLayer.gif (113.48 KiB) Viewed 14867 times
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

yes, of course I can do this, but I was trying to check if I can 'nest' a project like that exactly, thus saving space and memory read out times. If I need to stretch all layers (even if the original has dozens of them) to the length of the project, I prefer to use the FX Stack.

I guess I'll just wait for the bug to be fixed. As always, TVP is as responsive as it gets, so we're not talking months here, but rather mere couple of weeks :)