Video tutorials

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
habashtvpaint

Re: Video tutorials

Post by habashtvpaint »

Thank you Elodie,

Yes, making a tutorial (especially a well designed ones) takes time and planning.

At the moment I'm discovering all the features of TVP11 and studying the manual closely to be able to make a good plan for some tutorials I'd like to make. I wish to have more time for that though :)

Cheers.
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit
momo

Post by momo »

Sewie wrote:
Thierry wrote:...
- For the beginners tutorials (aimed for people discovering TVPaint Animation), what essential information should these tutorials contain ? (what would a newcomer should first learn about the software)
One thing I find absolutely fundamental is to show how easy it is their owne new panel!
momo
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry , you probably already know my top requests for detailed video tutorials , including the Camera Tool and the KeyFramer (to show each applied to Backgrounds and camera moves) Multiplane Camera (I still get somewhat confused every time I use it ; additional examples of TVP Multiplane files in the "Contents & Examples" would be helpful) , and more about how to precisely adjust the Particles Generator parameters (a lot of what I do now with the Particles Generator requires multiple undos , just blind 'trial & error' to get the effects I want) .

But David Fine brought up the Creation Pack here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8977#p82329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think video clips (or animated gifs) on the website (in the user manual section ?) showing what each of the Creation Pack anim brushes look like in action would be helpful and a selling point for the Creation Pack.

artfx

Post by artfx »

Are you aware that I have a very detailed particle tutorial here?

http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has 3 hours of detailed instruction in the use of the generator and a complete content library (particle brushes and bins) allowing users to create the FX demonstrated.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

artfx wrote:Are you aware that I have a very detailed particle tutorial here?

http://www.studioartfx.com/ArtFXshop/2D ... magic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has 3 hours of detailed instruction in the use of the generator and a complete content library (particle brushes and bins) allowing users to create the FX demonstrated.
I purchased your Particles tutorial and it's very good. I need to revisit those so I spend less time with trial & error when applying the Particles FX .
However, what I meant was that the official TVPaint User Manual and video tutorials on the TVPaint website should include more detailed explanations (with animated examples) of the various options in the Particles generator (as well as additional tutorials explaining other complex functions of the FX Stack , such as KeyFramer and Multiplane Camera) .

------

For anyone interested , I reconstructed a tutorial on making Rain particles FX (using the Preset Rain fx) that had been posted on the old Mirage site (no longer accessible , but I had saved it on my computer way back in 2006)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15U2 ... gXIWTtBTY/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I replaced the character that had been used in the Mirage tutorial with a different character (the Cat character in my version of the tutorial is from Eric Goldberg's "Character Animation Crash Course" , which we use as a textbook in several of our classes at the school where I teach . As part of an assignment the students have to take the key rough drawings of the Cat character from the book and clean up the drawings , then color the drawings in TVPaint. So I had these cat drawings handy and used them as a familiar example to the students, showing how they can easily add Rain FX to an existing scene using the Particles generator. )
oellen

Post by oellen »

Yes please, SOUND! It's nearly impossible to read the text under the video and try to watch where the cursor is going on the screen at the same time.
MacPro Late 2013 64bit, OS 11.2.3
Cintiq 27 QHD
TVP 11.5.1
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Aaaaand... here we are, new tutorials !

The tutorials were recorded in June with Elephorm (english website).
A free sample of 15 tutorials (approximatively 2 hours) are available on our Youtube channel. The rest of them will be sold on Elephorm's website as soon as possible.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Free tutorials are now available on TVPaint's website :)

-> http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... torial.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Elodie wrote:Free tutorials are now available on TVPaint's website :)

-> http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... torial.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very well done! I'm learning things! :wink:

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote:Free tutorials are now available on TVPaint's website :)

These new tutorials are great . Thank you !

Here's a thought: on the main tutorials page (for TVPaint 11) perhaps add a note of explanation regarding the older tutorials for TVPaint 10 and TVPaint 9 which are still available, to make it clear to the new user that in most cases those older tutorials are still relevant in a general way to TVPaint 11 , with some exceptions when certain terminology has changed , menus have been compacted , and other cosmetic changes to the interface , but the basic functions described in the TVPaint 9 and TVPaint 10 tutorials still (mostly) apply to using TVPaint 11. So the new user will know that there is still useful information to be found in the older tutorials.

So, for example: on the TVPaint 9 page there is a tutorial for how to use TVPaint to capture frames for Stop-Motion Animation -- http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... .php?id=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Stop Motion tutorial is still valid , except for a few minor changes in the Video Input interface from TVPaint 9 - to - 10 - to 11. The "Video Grabber" referred to in the TVPaint 9 tutorial is now called "Video Input" and instead of being located under Windows > Video In Settings , it is now under Windows > Animation > Video In Settings . Also that where formerly under TVPaint 9 - through - TVPaint 10 you would need to click on the little "V" button at the lower right corner of the Project window to enable/disable the Video feed displayed in the project window , now you click on the little Webcam icon at the lower right corner . Other than that , the actual function of the Video Input window is the same from TVPaint 9 - to - TVPaint 10 - to - TVPaint 11.

I would have to review all the other TVPaint 9 and TVPaint 10 tutorials to be sure , but I don't think there is any information in those tutorials which is contradictory or irrelevant to TVPaint 11 (?) . The Peg Holes Registration tutorial, how to Configure a Brush, How to Use The Sketch Panel, How to Customize Hotkeys , How to Use the Light Table , etc. are still valid for TVPaint 11 , although there are now some improvements in TVPaint 11 or differences to the look of the interface.

If the older TVPaint 9 and TVPaint 10 tutorials were all uploaded to your YouTube channel they could easily be annotated to alert the viewer when a function is different in TVPaint 11. (I realize some of the tutorials are on your YouTube channel , but not all of them are on the YouTube channel.) For example: an annotation can pop-up to tell the viewer: "In TVPaint 11 this function has been renamed as ___________" or "In TVPaint 11 this function is accessed under the __________ menu , in the sub-menu ____________." in those cases where there is a difference in the interface or difference in the name of a function. These annotations would extend the life of the existing TVPaint 9 and TVPaint 10 tutorials.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
djsolomon

Post by djsolomon »

Make them as long as as each subject demands - in English please !
thanks djsolomon
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

djsolomon wrote:Make them as long as as each subject demands - in English please !
thanks djsolomon
Debra, you come late in the topic :wink: :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... x-Q3F7GepJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice Debarge
djsolomon

Post by djsolomon »

Whoa!there they are !!! AWESOME!!!... thank you!
alexxgrigg

Post by alexxgrigg »

Hiya guys, Awesome to see the newly refreshed tutorials up and running. They look great. A little while ago I did a first draft of an "introduction to TVpaint" that I thought you might dig. Kind of everything you might need to know in order to dive right in and start animating. I'm not a super user of TVP, but I thought you guys might be into it.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hey, thanks for sharing, that's a good basic tutorial :D