Transforming a whole layer in TVP11

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
barrybaker

Transforming a whole layer in TVP11

Post by barrybaker »

I want to move the contents of an entire layer within the screen area in TVP11. I can select all the frames and use either the transform or the panning tool to move the first frame to the new position and the program will apply the same movement to the whole layer, but when I do this the program creates new exposures for every single frame, instead of simply moving the existing instances.

So then I am stuck with having to go through and delete all the new exposures without accidentally deleting one of my original instances. How can I apply a move ONLY on the key frames and instances all in one go without the program filling up all the frames with new instances?
ZigOtto

Re: Transforming a whole layer in TVP11

Post by ZigOtto »

what's exactly your tvpa version + OS version ?

meanwhile, have you tried to "Select All + Recompute" ?
barrybaker

Post by barrybaker »

Hi ZigOtto,

I am working on TVP 11.0.0 and I'm on a Mac OS X Yosemite v. 10.10.1

Hey! That tip about pressing the recompute button works.Thank you. I should now be able to make a combined tool that automatically applies the recompute after moving or resizing a layer.
marijaye

Post by marijaye »

barrybaker,
I also just realized that if your layer is set to Auto Break/Create, then when the layer is selected, Transform will apply to every frame, but if those are off (icons above the Layer Mode), it will only apply on the Instance heads.
mj
mari jaye
Windows 11
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 @ 2.50GHz
32 GB Memory
1TB HDD/ 1 TB SSD/ 2 TB HDD
Touch
TVPaint 11 Pro 11.7.1-64 bits