large tvpaint file not recognized? any help?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
name0014

large tvpaint file not recognized? any help?

Post by name0014 »

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with one file, tvpaint is not even ecognizing it as a project.

I am guessing it must be because is really heavy compared to the previous versions of it and also it kinda crashed when I was saving it.

I wouldn't mind losing some referenced layers I had inside it.. but I hope there is a solution for this (maybe through code?). I have a lot of work in this file that I really don't want to lose (I was saving all the time but I didn't version it out), has anyone had this kind of problem and know any solutions or know a fix for this?

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!
Fabrice

Re: large tvpaint file not recognized? any help?

Post by Fabrice »

hello and welcome, please read this http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ;)
When you have an issue with TVPaint Animation, please, don't forget to precise important details :

• What is your OS and its version :
  • - Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite)...
    - Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc...
    - Linux Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, RedHat Entreprise Linux 5+, Fedora 15+
• What is your OS architecture (32 or 64 bit)

• What is your software version (for example : Mirage 1.5, TVPaint 9.5.21, TVPaint 10.0.11, etc...)

• What is your software edition (Standard or Professional)

• For the Professional Edition of TVPaint 10 : What is the architecture (32 or 64 bit) ?

By the way, don't forget to repeat the details above EACH time you have an issue. We cannot remind the configuration of all our users :wink:
(to save time, you can write the information above in your sign)

Moreover, don't forget that the more you will give us concrete examples with images or downloadable files, the faster we could answer you.
Fabrice Debarge
name0014

Post by name0014 »

Hello there again, thanks for replying so quickly!

I am very sorry I missed reading the protocol concerning how to ask questions regarding tech support.

I have a problem with one file, tvpaint is not even recognizing it as a project.
I am guessing it must be because is really heavy compared to the previous versions of it and also it kinda crashed when I was saving it.
I wouldn't mind losing some referenced layers I had inside it.. but I hope there is a solution for this (maybe through code?). I have a lot of work in this file that I really don't want to lose (I was saving all the time but I didn't version it out), has anyone had this kind of problem and know any solutions or know a fix for this?

OS version : Windows 7
OS architecture 64 bit
TVPaint 9.5 Professional

Here is an attached screenshot when I try to select the file:

Any help would be tremendously appreciated! and sorry again for not taking a look at the protocol.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

name0014 wrote:...
TVPaint 9.5 Professional ...
to complete the protocol, can you give us the 3rd nb of your TVPA version ? ... 9.5.x ?
thanks.
name0014

Post by name0014 »

Hello again, sorry for not completing the full info for completing the protocol; here goes again. thank you for your patience.

I have a problem with one file, tvpaint is not even recognizing it as a project.

I wouldn't mind losing some referenced layers I had inside it... but I hope there is a solution for this (maybe through code?). I have a lot of work in this file that I really don't want to lose (I was saving all the time but I didn't version it out), has anyone had this kind of problem and know any solutions or know a fix for this?

Here is an attached screenshot when I try to select the file:

OS version : Windows 7
OS architecture 64 bit
TVPaint 9.5.3 Professional

Any help would be tremendously appreciated! thanks a lot!
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

name0014 wrote:...
TVPaint 9.5.3 Professional
damn !!! :shock:
why to work with a soooo old (and so buggy) version when the update (9.5.21) is free ...???
as a matter of priority, you should update, ... unless you're not registered (?) :roll:
name0014

Post by name0014 »

I am sorry but I double checked and indeed the file was created in a nonregistered version! =( I know it was my responsibility to ask if it was a registered version of the software I was using, and I am deeply embarassed. Nevertheless I just bought it for myself and will get the standard version of tvpaint 11 within 4 days. I already dowloaded the trial and it looks awesome.

I am glad that I will feel confident to ask for tech support knowing I'm a registered user now. I already took this as a learning experience, nevertheless I do have to ask if there is no possibility that once I get my registration code from my tvpaint 11.0 will it possible to try to save that file? I already gave upon it as I said before, but I thought I would at least ask with a big amount of embarassment.

Thank you very much again!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

hello name0014,

Please send me a link to your project and your lock-code by PM.
Fabrice Debarge