Misc TVPaint 11.0.1 issues on mac

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Nhils

Misc TVPaint 11.0.1 issues on mac

Post by Nhils »

Hi, I have TVPaint 11.0.1 installed on my OSX10.10 retina MacBook Pro, and I have encountered a number of issues :
  • TvPaint won't remember my settings. I tried uninstalling the software, rebooting between installs, downloading the install folder from your website, just in case. Nothing works, every time TvPaint reboots, it goes back to factory settings.
    (TVPaint 10 did not have this issue and I made sure to uninstall it so it wouldn't conflict with TVPaint 11). I tried looking for a folder in the Library, but did not find it.
  • Whenever I inbetween out of pegs, I have to press enter once I'm done moving my keys out of pegs, in order to use another tool. Just picking that tool in my tool panel won't make the software register that I was done moving the keys. Thus I mess up my in between settings, thinking I can draw — having selected the tool.
  • Sometimes the Share manager feature becomes really buggy and disappears and becomes unusable until I restart the software.
  • Whenever the autosave feature saves my project (or even if I save it manually), the crosshair cursor turns back into the system's default arrow. I think the line smoothing also deactivates.
  • It's a UI preference. When in transformation mode, to rotate the selection, clicking in the little edge dot in not as intuitive as just dragging anywhere outside the transformation rectangle shape, in my humble opinion
I looked up and did not find answers to help me with those, if I missed any, I apologize!

Thank you for any feedback or help you can provide on these issues!
Cheers
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Misc TVPaint 11.0.1 issues on mac

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Thank you for any feedback or help you can provide on these issues!
Just for starters to see if I'm on the right track with this answer, since I don't work with a Mac:
After creating your settings, did you close and restart TVP?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

I open TVpaint, go to Edit > Preferences > Load up my keyboard shortcuts, set up my saving preferences, interface, etc... > Work and/or Close TVPaint.

When I boot up TVPaint again, the settings are back to default.

So are my light table settings, shape settings, etc. Everything goes back to default.

I try to leave TVPaint open as long as possible, but whenever I reboot my computer, the software crashes, or anything causes TVPaint to close, makes me spend an amount of time to get my settings back the way I want them :c

My colleagues don't have this issue, whether they work on mac or windows systems.
I am the sole administrator of my computer, and the exact build of the OS is OSX 10.10.4
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

What are the options you have under : [ Edit > Preferences > Startup ] ?
Is it "remember the last used configuration" ?
Fabrice Debarge
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Nhils wrote:the exact build of the OS is OSX 10.10.4
Isn't 10.10.4 still in beta ?
Does these issues happen on a release build ?
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

Fabrice wrote:What are the options you have under : [ Edit > Preferences > Startup ] ?
Is it "remember the last used configuration" ?
It is, I tried the other options on the drop down menu, the software resets completely no matter what.

I think 10.10.4 is still in beta, but I had this issues on the stable build too.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

What happen if you choose "open the startup panel" ?
Fabrice Debarge
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

This pops up
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

ok, so try to create a new configuration from the startup panel and make sure that in its preferences, you have "remember the last used configuration" selected.
Fabrice Debarge
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

It works! Thanks Fabrice :) !

If you have any info for the other issues I mentioned in the first post, I'll be floating on a cloud of joy!

Come to think of it, when in fullscreen, the drop down menus have this display thing happening often:

They is a grey shape overlaying on the menus, that disappears once the cursor hovers them. They appear when I'm using TVPaint on a dual screen setup with the cintiq, and move my cursor to another screen, the grey shape pops up.
It happens on my colleagues computers as well
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

This grey bar is already in our "bug tracker". But it's not something easy to fix...

This grey bar appears only when you are in full screen and when you open a file in TVPAint. It disappears when you try to go to the top menus. If you don't work in fullscreen, you won't experiment this issue.
Nhils

Post by Nhils »

Thanks Elodie! I was just reporting on it, it doesn't really affect my workflow :)
Just in case, because i didn't get any feedback on those, the other issues I've encountered are as follows:
  • Whenever I inbetween out of pegs, I have to press enter once I'm done moving my keys out of pegs, in order to use another tool. Just picking that tool in my tool panel won't make the software register that I was done moving the keys. Thus I mess up my in between settings, thinking I can draw — having selected the tool.
  • Sometimes the Share manager feature becomes really buggy and disappears and becomes unusable until I restart the software.
  • Whenever the autosave feature saves my project (or even if I save it manually), the crosshair cursor turns back into the system's default arrow. I think the line smoothing also deactivates. I have to use a tool and press the "return/enter" button in order to get the crosshair cursor back.
  • (It's a UI preference. When in transformation mode, to rotate the selection, clicking in the little edge dot in not as intuitive as just dragging anywhere outside the transformation rectangle shape, in my humble opinion)
aldehyde

Post by aldehyde »

Something might related to this issue happened on my mac.
I used the program in fullscreen mode for a while, and somehow the top window bar never appear again when I move my cursor to the top of the screen. This also means I can't (or I don't know how to) switch back to window mode.
And my Mac hot corner function stop working after this. Even if I quit TVP it still doesn't work, and whenever I start the program it goes to fullscreen mode directly.
I have one normal display and a cintiq, now I can't even move the program from my display to wacom cintiq screen, since it's eternally in the fullscreen mode.

Any thought on this?

Haven't try restart the mac though.