Camera tool is dead!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
David_Fine

Camera tool is dead!

Post by David_Fine »

All of a sudden, the camera tool is doing absolutely nothing. I have a normal A-B move, but when I open the profile editor, there is no red line on the timeline. When I play the move in camera mode, no move happens. I opened a scene I already have with a move and it works just fine. So what could be causing this aberration? Any old scene with a move works, but any new scene has no camera move functionality at all. I am using 11.01 on a Mac. I restarted the computer to see if that would fix it, but it didn't.
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
ZigOtto

Re: Camera tool is dead!

Post by ZigOtto »

hi David,
how long (how much frames) is your current clip ?
have you checked if you have [Mark-in] and [Mark-out] set inadvertently on the same frame ?
can you post a screengrab ?
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

The scene is 154 frames. The mark in and mark out is correct. The scene runs just fine, just without a camera move. As I say, the Time Profile editor does not even show a red cursor to view the move. Here is a screen grab to show the missing red line. I am on frame 60 on the time line, so the red line should be visible in the Time Profile editor, but it isn't.
screenshot_678.jpg
screenshot_678.jpg (64.24 KiB) Viewed 11364 times
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You forgot to stretch your layer and give it a duration (mark in / mark out does not affect camera tool, only instances and layers do)
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

your cropped screengrab don't show us which one of your 5 layers has effectively 155 frames (existing instances),
we can see only 2 of them, both have only a single frame, ... not enough to make a moving camera.
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Ah, thank you Elodie. I was doing a move on held instances, but I didn't realise you could not do that. You have to actually stretch them along the time line. My previous camera moves were always on finished scenes, but this one was meant to be before I animated it. So that's the answer. Thank you also, ZigOtto.
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada