exporting images

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Henk Beumers

exporting images

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.
I have images with 10 layers. I try to export them as a PSD. If I view them in a vieuwer there are a number of layers without anything on it. The number of layers are there but there is no image on them. In the proces of exporting I see the complete image as it should be. When I save it as a jpeg everything is oké.
At first it looks like the upper 3 layers are missing but then in an other part of the project there are other layers that are not shown correctly.

Regards Henk Beumers.
Last edited by Henk Beumers on 19 Jul 2015, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: exporting images

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

How are your layers stacked? Are they all of the same length, or if each one is just a single frame, are they directly above each other? What are there head and tail extensions; are those all unified?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Paul.
They are not all the same length. I think I found the problem though. I seem to have moved the layer all together 2 frames over zero to 2 minus. So I moved them back to zero and the ones I checked are oké now. Still I see no logic in the way the layers were missing in other frames. I don't have the time to study it. I lost almost a day now and I'm on a very tight deadline.
Thank you Paul.
Last edited by Henk Beumers on 19 Jul 2015, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Now we are here aniway. If in export when you save to PSD's on default the requester is on save avi or what ever you seem to have saved last. Every single image you have to set the requester to PSD again. I tried to find out how I can change that but to no succes. It is not only a pain in the ass but you can wait for the one time you forget to ajust it. And then it starts to save an avi or worse images. Than you.... and so on.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Paul Fierlinger

This is an issue that was resolved a long time ago. Are you really still on 10.5.3? There have been several substantial updates since then.You should update.
Paul
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi paul.
No, I'm on the latest update. To be sure I just checked but there is no update available.
I'm not surprised though. This release of tvp is bugging me almost from the beginning. I tried everything that was suggested to me. I spend a LOT of time and money to solve the unstable behaviour of tvp10. Nothing helped. Maybe it's the 64 bits version. I don't know and I don't care anymore. I don't waste my time on it mutch longer.
I'm one of the first users and tvp was always my favorite software. The last 4 year have changed my mind completely.
Thanks for your help. Checking the lenght of my layer I noticed a few layers were 2 frames in minus.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

We might probably help but we need screenshots.
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Hank, I'm convinced that 10.5.3 cannot be the latest update because, firstly I remember this particular version being extremely buggy and had been quickly upgraded. I don't have 10 anymore but I vaguely remember it was something like ---------EDIT: the correct number is 10.5.7 When you go to update, what exactly tells you there are no further updates? I do hope one of the developers will help you resolve this soon, but I also know they are extremely busy these past few days.
Paul
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi paul.
Absolutally. I ment that I'm on de latests update. It's 10.5.7. I think I installed it first thing just to see if problems where gone. But no. No update had any effect for me. It's a random instability that keeps comming. The only thing that is stable is the phantom brush that keeps comming up every half hour or so.But sometimes it's not there for a few hours. I mentioned these things during the years on this forum. Most things look normal on a screenshot for example this phantom brush. They are just numbers. the only thing is that it should not be there. If my effects window doesn't update it does not look different than as normal. It just does not work. If a shortcut all of a sudden has a different behaviour like Shift K does not clear the image anymore it does not look different. I just can get the funtionality back by quiting tvp and start up it again.

Henk.
Henk Beumers
Paul Fierlinger

Well, these are issues that go far over my rank. I think you need to bring them up with Development... Fabrice has already asked you for a screen shot; I'd start there if I were you.
Paul
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

The only thing that is stable is the phantom brush that keeps comming up every half hour or so
What is supposed to be a phantom brush ?
We can help , but we need to understand each other.
Fabrice Debarge
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Henk Beumers wrote:Hi paul.
Absolutely. I meant that I'm on the latest update. It's 10.5.7.
Hi Henk -

I think the confusion about which version you are using is because your signature line says you are using 10.05.3 .
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.3 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
I agree with Paul and Fabrice : screen shots posted to document the problems you are having would be helpful. When you say: "the phantom brush that keeps coming up every half hour or so" it is difficult to understand because no one knows what is a "phantom brush" and we can't see your computer screen , so there is no way to offer constructive comments to help you. OR if as you say the "phantom brush" does not show up when you make a screen shot (although I don't know how that can be ? If you can can see it on your screen then it will show in a screen shot) please be more precise in your words describing exactly what is happening when this "phantom brush" appears .

Henk Beumers wrote:Now we are here anyway. If in export when you save to PSD's on default the requester is on save avi or what ever you seem to have saved last.

Every single image you have to set the requester to PSD again. I tried to find out how I can change that but to no success. It is not only a pain in the ass but you can wait for the one time you forget to adjust it. And then it starts to save an avi or worse images. Than you.... and so on.
Henk.
This is very puzzling. If I save to PSD format from the Clip:Display tab in the Export window , then the next time I open the Export window the format is still set to PSD as before. Just so I am sure I understand you: it seems like you are saying that the Export format always defaults back to AVI and you have to manually reset it to PSD each time you want to export (?) . For me the Export format does not change to AVI or anything else until I choose to change it. The same thing when I use the Clip:Layers Structure tab to export to PSD with all layers intact. This export setting will stay the same for me until I change it to something else .

Henk, when you export your project to .PSD file format , are you exporting from the Clip:Display tab or from Clip: Layers Structure tab ?
Export from Clips-Layers Structure.png
(click on image to see it larger)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

I'm sorry, it's not clear how I wrote it down.
I export to PSD's in "Layer Structure" because if you export PSD's in "Clip Display" the result is a flattened image in Photoshop so you might as well saved in any other flattened format. In "Layer Structure"the Layers stay intact in PS and that is what I want from a PSD.
My problem is, if I'm exporting PSD's the requester on defauld opens with "Clip Display". Not on "Layer Structure" like I used it last. So if I need to export PSD's every time again the export requesters opens with "Clip Display" highlighted. So every time again I need to set it manually to "Layer Structure" to save to PSD. So when I forget to change to "Layer Structure" and the "Clip Display" is set on animation and jpeg. I'm saving a lot of jpeg's I don't need. I have to delete them so I need to go out the routine of exporting and back again. If I didn't notice I forgot to change to "Layer Stucture" I end up with a mess in the "Saved Image" file and I have to figure out where I went wrong ect ect.
I don't know what the purpose of exporting an image to a flattened PSD is, but apart from that, why opens the export requester on defauld with "Clip Display" instead of the last used setting?

Henk.

I have a number of brush sizes saved in the bin. Not a cutout but a pencill size to draw with. The phantome brush is a brush that doen't exist in the bin but it keeps comming up when I'm drawing. Something triggers this brush and I can't figure out what the trigger is.
But I mentioned this a number of times in this forum without a result. If I sent a screenshot the only thing you see is a normal looking interface with a brush setting that is not abnormal but it is not a brush I can use because they are not my settings. The setting is always on"5 pixels ERASE" so it's not random.
Henk Beumers
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Dear Fabrice.
Here's the screenshot of the phantome brush as I like to call it. I never defined this brush. It can not be in my brush bin. I even deleted my bin several times and defined my brushes from scrath. But this brush with every time the same settings, still keeps coming up several times a day. I cannot see any connection with whatever tool I use or any thing I do. I'm busy and on one moment my brush does not responde anymore and there it is. I change it manually and start drawing again untill the next time.
You asked for a screenshot although I can't see what you can learn from it. It's just a brush size with not abnormal settings. They are just not mine and I don't want it there. It's bugging me like a lot of other things. I mentioned all this several times on the forum and in E-mails but somehow after a while the conversation stops. Maybe because there is no answer. But it does not solve my problems.
The problems are on 2 different OSses on 2 different computers and 3 different installations on separate disks. So I think I can rule hardware isues out.
Well, that's it. I would be very happy if you can figure out what's the cause of this.
Henk.
Attachments
phantomebrush.jpg
Henk Beumers
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Looking at your screen shot, I think its a brush definition for an eraser, automatically invoked when you unconsciously bring the other end of the stylus (the eraser tip) near enough to the tablet surface.

Try editing your Wacom Properties, ERASER tab (the one for your TVPaint Application if you have defined one) so it is set to "Disabled".

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB