Not able to save brush settings

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
artoftangmo

Not able to save brush settings

Post by artoftangmo »

I am running TVPaint 11.02 on Windows 10 64 bit. I'm trying to modify custom brushes I installed, but the settings always revert back to the original. Here's my process: I duplicate the tool for modification in a new custom panel, modify it to my liking, and export the tool. I install the modified brush to see if the settings save, but they never do. I'm hoping if someone can see what I'm doing wrong, because so far, I cannot use this program for any serious projects I'm trying to get started.
schwarzgrau

Re: Not able to save brush settings

Post by schwarzgrau »

Maybe you're already doing it right, but at least in your explanation seems to be a blank spot. You need to add you brush to the custom panel AFTER you made your changes.
So the order need to be like this:
  • Choose a tool which already fits you needs pretty close
  • Modify it to your liking
  • Right click in your custom panel and choose Grab current tool with colors (or without the colors)
  • Right click in the blank space of your custom panel and choose This Panel >> Export as TVPX
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

schwarzgrau wrote:
  • Right click in your custom panel and choose Grab current tool with colors (or without the colors)
or if you don't care to keep the original settings, once your modification done,
Right-clic on the tool icon again, and choose "Grab current tool with colors, Keep icon"
artoftangmo

Post by artoftangmo »

Thank you, schwarzgaru and ZigOtto. I've used both methods, and they have solved the problem!

I seem to be running into another one, though. I've saved a couple of custom brushes in a panel I created, but when I switch to different brushes in that panel they emulate the previous brush I've used. For example: I pick a brush with a paper texture, paint in it a little, switch to a brush with no textures, start painting in it only to realize it had the texture of the previous brush. The only way I've found to break this cycle is if I pick a brush outside of my custom panel and then pick the desired brush in my panel. Is there a work around for this, or did I not configure my brushes properly? :shock:
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

artoftangmo wrote:... Is there a work around for this, or did I not configure my brushes properly?
Right-clic on the drawing tool which should have no texture, edit it and add this command line :

Code: Select all

tv_paper Active 0
then, "OK" twice and it's done, your second tool should have now the paper switched off.
8)
paper-off_command.png
paper-off_command.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 14451 times
artoftangmo

Post by artoftangmo »

artoftangmo wrote:I am running TVPaint 11.02 on Windows 10 64 bit. I'm trying to modify custom brushes I installed, but the settings always revert back to the original. Here's my process: I duplicate the tool for modification in a new custom panel, modify it to my liking, and export the tool. I install the modified brush to see if the settings save, but they never do. I'm hoping if someone can see what I'm doing wrong, because so far, I cannot use this program for any serious projects I'm trying to get started.
Thank you so much!