Particles: constant population

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
slowtiger

Particles: constant population

Post by slowtiger »

I need a hint for settings to get particles which are "just there" instead of being created during the animation. So far I extended lifetime as well as pre-render time, but still the particles just pop up and then slowly fade.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Svengali

Re: Particles: constant population

Post by Svengali »

+1

I've been trying to find similar particle system settings:

I, too, would be interested in explicit Particle parameter settings which would generate an ambient, weightless, on-going, hovering presence with some kind of simple, progressive random motion. And the degree of random motion should affect all particles equally, independently and indefinitely, while maintaining an average density of visual distribution (without obvious looping). :)

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
ZigOtto

Re: Particles: constant population

Post by ZigOtto »

slowtiger wrote:I need a hint for settings to get particles which are "just there" instead of being created during the animation. So far I extended lifetime as well as pre-render time, but still the particles just pop up and then slowly fade.
the particles number is keyframable, when you want to stop the particle's generation, add a key on the timeline and set the number to 0p/s, it should stop any new creation, but the ones already there will continue their living, (if the life setting is long enough).

here's a little example applied on 50 frames (clic on the image to see the animated gif)
particle-test.gif