A Question about Tablet PC, Android and Nomad

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Re: A Question about Tablet PC, Android and Nomad

Post by Soom »

Thanks - will wait. One of my main concerns is the right-click function - if it doesn't work well in any other than Wacom styluses, then my options are narrowing down...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

I'm quite tempted to investigate the NEW Surface Pro systems that have been released in 2017. One reason is that the new stylus now supports tilt! (I am crazy about this, I care far more about it than is probably reasonable. :P ) They have changed the stylus system so many times over the years that it can be confusing to figure out all the different models. The new models support a faster stylus latency, lighter force activation (this was one issue I had with the old Wacom Penabled TabletPCs for 10-15 years), and tilt functionality.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

One reason is that the new stylus now supports tilt! (I am crazy about this, I care far more about it than is probably reasonable. :P )
Haha, me too : most of my custom brushes use tilt options :)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Fabrice wrote: 24 Jan 2016, 17:20 maybe a new intreresting hardware : ThinkPad Yoga X1 with 2560x1440 def screen (TVPaint not tested though) :

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tested TVPaint yet on the Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1 or Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 ?

A student has asked me to recommend a tablet PC . Based on what I've read and briefly getting to test one , I would have to say the Wacom Mobile Pro 16 is the best.
http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen ... dio-pro-16

But the Wacom Mobile Pro 16 is above the student's price range.

Fabrice, do you still have the HP Spectre mentioned previously in this thread (which model exactly ?) and do you like it ? How is the pen performance with TVPaint ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Fabrice, do you still have the HP Spectre mentioned previously in this thread (which model exactly ?) and do you like it ? How is the pen performance with TVPaint ?
So far so good. Except it's not a Wacom stylus, so it works with a battery and it has no eraser tip.
nb : I use both Windows and Linux : Linux doesn't work very well on HP computers since everything is done to create problems on Linux, from booting options to the HP drivers not found. But Windows run smoothly.
Fabrice Debarge
Soom

Post by Soom »

I have recently tested Wacom Cintiq Companion 2, and TVPaint ran perfectly on it. I didn't play around with it too much, but except the point that it's heavy, it looked to me like a decent machine. I am not convinced by any other brands so far yet... Besides, Companion 2 can be found second hand for a very good price, since they are discontinued, and the new Mobile Studio is too pricey
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
heisenberg3390

Post by heisenberg3390 »

I am using nomad for the past few months, to be honest, it's not as good as TVPaint
Being Nomadic