Problem importing multiple images of different sizes

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Problem importing multiple images of different sizes

Post by Soom »

I have a bunch of images I need to import into one file. They all are of different dimensions.
I created a project with the maximal resolution that should fit any of these original size images. Yet, when I import them as a sequence, most of them get cropped, except the first one. I tried with or without stretching and aspect correction - same result. It seems that TVPaint limits the dimensions of other images according to the first imported image, and ignores the scene size. So if next image after the 1st is, let's say - wider, it gets cropped on the sides, even though there is enough room in the project itself.
That's on TVPaint 10.5...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
slowtiger

Re: Problem importing multiple images of different sizes

Post by slowtiger »

Had the same problem. Workaround: duplicate the largest pic and name it so it will be the first to import.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Soom

Post by Soom »

slowtiger wrote:Had the same problem. Workaround: duplicate the largest pic and name it so it will be the first to import.
I thought about it later, but first I thought of another workaround, which works for anything without searching for the biggest picture or changing their names - I automate all the pics with Photoshop to create a stack, and then save as PSD. Then I open the PSD in TVPaint - although it imports layers instead of frames - that's fast to fix. your method should be faster, but I wonder what happens, if you don't have one picture that has both biggest width and height?
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
Mike

Post by Mike »

Soom wrote:... Then I open the PSD in TVPaint - although it imports layers instead of frames - that's fast to fix...
You can import psd file as a new layer containing all the images (will have the size of the clip).
Go the [New] popup (in header layer stack) > Import Footage > select the psd file > choose the parameters
TVPaint Team
Soom

Post by Soom »

Mike wrote:
Soom wrote:... Then I open the PSD in TVPaint - although it imports layers instead of frames - that's fast to fix...
You can import psd file as a new layer containing all the images (will have the size of the clip).
Go the [New] popup (in header layer stack) > Import Footage > select the psd file > choose the parameters
Will they be then as frames on 1 layer, and not as multiple layers?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Soom wrote:
Mike wrote:
Will they be then as frames on 1 layer, and not as multiple layers?
Yes
TVPaint Team
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

you have tools in the v11 (maybe also v10) to "verticalize" a layer (put each image into a separate layer).
Fabrice Debarge