Accessing opened project without Menu Bar Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
schwarzgrau

Accessing opened project without Menu Bar

Post by schwarzgrau »

I removed the Menu Bar, since I'm never using it and try to save as much space as possible. Unfortunately it seems I'm now unable to switch between open projects, cause the project-tabs are connected to the Menu Bar. Is there any way to switch between opened projects? Maybe through the top menu? And how can I reopen the Menu Bar?
Attachments
tvpaint_snip.png
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Svengali

Re: Accessing opened project without Menu Bar

Post by Svengali »

Set a shortcut key to "Interface:Toggle Menu Bar"?
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I felt deeply in love with your interface (and you custom buttons are so gorgeous <3)

If I remember well, in previous versions it was possible to access to the opened projects in the "view" or "windows" panel. It's not possible anymore, or I was just dreaming. Still, could be nice to have a menu bar at the top with all the opened projects (I also desactivate the menu bar).
Last edited by NathanOtano on 26 Apr 2016, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh thank you a lot Nathan, that's something I'm happy to hear. If you like to I can upload my panel, even if I don't know if it fits your workflow.

Yea, I thought the same and was surprised that I can't access the other projects, BUT maybe our memory tricks us in thinking it was there, cause it is there in Photoshop.
So it seems there isn't an option to switch between projects if you hide the menu bar, then I'll open a feature request.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I'd be really happy to be able to use your interface's colors :) and the icons from your panel also (difficult to know what they all do haha). I really have to upload my panels also :) just have to clean all of them and i have to find the will to do it... :D

Nope i'm pretty sure it was a memory from tvpaint :D
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I labeled them all, I hope it's easy to understand, if not send me a message. The only two buttons, which needs an external script are "incremental save" and the After Effects exporter, which you probably already use.
Yea, It's always really interesting how others use the same stuff to achieve a different workflow. I would love to see your panel.

Maybe you're right, cause I remember this menu entry too.
schwarzgrau_theme_and_panel.zip
(361.38 KiB) Downloaded 892 times
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Awesome thanks!

I made a panel with everything I use to transport it easily but as you can see it's kind of a mess haha : scripts from others, a lot of personal scripts to tweak tvpaint and optimize my shortcuts... I click only on the two first sections.
I think I'll post on multiple topics all of those scripts, grouped by category. Should be more manageable for everyone (and I have to check if every script exports successfully cause i'm also using my own script library). I really wish to make a video of my workflow as soon as possible, this summer maybe.
Last edited by NathanOtano on 26 Apr 2016, 21:54, edited 2 times in total.
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

haha ok I see.

Yea, I thought about sharing a video of my workflow too, not cause I think It's that good, but maybe there is some tiny bit, which could be useful for someone else and I hope to see videos of others to find small bits, which could improve my way of doing things.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Yeah same, it's for helping everyone to find new ideas of how to use tvpaint and also to be able to compare my workflow with the one of everybody else to improve it :) we should create a "share your animation workflow" topic! could be great
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Sounds like a good idea.
INSTAGRAM
mox

Post by mox »

schwarzgrau wrote:I removed the Menu Bar, since I'm never using it and try to save as much space as possible. Unfortunately it seems I'm now unable to switch between open projects, cause the project-tabs are connected to the Menu Bar. Is there any way to switch between opened projects? Maybe through the top menu?
Did you try the "tab" key? It works even if the menu bar is off (I don't remember if it's the default keyboard shortcut, but you'll find the entry anyway).

Also via Project > Go to > your project 1 / your project 2
And how can I reopen the Menu Bar?
"Menu bar" can be found in Windows > Show > Menu Bar
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

mox wrote: Did you try the "tab" key? It works even if the menu bar is off (I don't remember if it's the default keyboard shortcut, but you'll find the entry anyway).
No but I changed it to tab. I didn't even know you could set a shortcut for this action.
mox wrote: Also via Project > Go to > your project 1 / your project 2
Great! There it is. Thank you a lot mox.
mox wrote: "Menu bar" can be found in Windows > Show > Menu Bar
I didn't expected it to be so simple, since no one answered in this thread.
Again, thank you.
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

"Tab" is unable by default but switch between clips, not projects.

You can also use the search engine (ctrl+f), type the name of your project and click on the result from the search engine to display the project window.