Traditional animation tools

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Satrip

Re: Traditional animation tools

Post by Satrip »

Strange I can't unzip your file! I've download it twice same result (it says "no file to extract") :(
ubik

Post by ubik »

Me too!
"Les amis, tout doit disparaître! Nous soldons la totalité de nos Ubiks électriques, silencieux, à des prix défiants toute concurrence."
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

really strange. Are you on Mac or Vista, Satrip and Ubik. I don't use any of those so I can't test on them.
ubik

Post by ubik »

OS X 10.5.6 iMac et MacBook Pro
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

oliveuk wrote:really strange. Are you on Mac or Vista, Satrip and Ubik. I don't use any of those so I can't test on them.
the Zip file seems to be faulty, trying to uncompress it, I get this error message :
...\Olive_TradiTools1.6.zip: Archive ZIP multiparties ou corrompues
(WinXP Pro) .
en fait, aprés RMB "réparer l'archive", je trouve bien le dossier Olive_TradiTools1.6.Data, mais aucune trace du fichier Olive_TradiTools1.6.Bin .
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

I'm on XP,
I tried to unzip with default zip extract and with 7zip, it doesn't work.
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

this is really strange... I did compress the files with the default WindowsXP sp2 compressing function on my TabletPC instead of using WinRar but my desktop doesn't have any problem downloading and opening the file with WinRar....

Ok I am replacing the file with an other zip file compressed with WinRar this time. Let me know if you have more success

Olive
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

pareil, le dossier Olive_TradiTools1.6.Data est bien là, mais pas de fichier Olive_TradiTools1.6.Bin :?
serait-ce un problème provenant du serveur tvpaint qui amputerait les Zip à la sortie ?
la taille du fichier une fois downloadé est seulement de 11K
alors que le fichier compressé uploadé est annoncé à 28 K ... :o
mystère ! :?: :?: :?:
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Ouep c'est très bizarre tout ca :!: :?:
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

new try ;-)

On the first page I posted a link to the file on my Server and deleted the one from the TV Paint server. Let me know if it works.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

we will test too.
Fabrice Debarge
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

oliveuk wrote:... I posted a link to the file on my Server and deleted the one from the TV Paint server. Let me know if it works.
Olive, it works fine now via your own server, so it seems the TV Paint server was guilty.
... yet another thing to be fixed for the team.
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

I am glad people can finally try my toolbar
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

great forum- i'm still learning how to transition from the mirage tools to tvp. looks like with all your work, the tools will get better and better.

tangential question-

some of you are happily working on tablet pc's. did you search long and hard and determine your best and favorite tablets for this type of artwork?

i've been apprehensive as many are designed for non-art businesses. but perhaps the biggest hang-up for me is learning windows in order to use a tablet. i've learned what i know to this point on macs, and i'm not the most computer-literate of users.

charlie
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

to me TabletPCs are more designed for art related things than anything else but I agree that they are being marketed as .....as.... hold on.... actually no ... they are not even marketed for anything ;-)

My first TabletPC was an HP TC 4200. Despite having owned several Compaq M200 and an HP TC4400 I still prefer the 4200 to the other ones. Mainly for the 2 hours battery and the sturdiness of the product.

I don't think there s anything to learn in Windows. Just install a free Antivirus (AVG), a free firewall (ZoneAlarm), and once you open your favourite application you will be like home. Personally I tried to use Macs in the past and just can't understand how they work.