George : PickColorAlpha

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Manuel

George : PickColorAlpha

Post by Manuel »

Here is a george script that will allow you to pick the color and opacity from the pixel that you click on.

LMB : Pick from the current layer, the Alpha is set to the current tool opacity.
RMB : Pick from the Display, the Alpha is set to the current tool opacity, Background must be set to none.

It works on TVPaint Animation version 8 & 9.
Attachments
PickColorAlpha.zip
PickColorAlpha.grg version 1.1
(542 Bytes) Downloaded 322 times
Last edited by Manuel on 28 Jun 2008, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Manuel
Svengali

Re: George : PickColorAlpha

Post by Svengali »

Hi Manuel,

After downloading your script and trying it out I gather that it is for TVPaint 9 only. I first tried it in 8.6 where it works after a fashion except it won't automatically reselect the active tool. In the tvp 9 demo it works fine. This will be very useful, thank you!

Since the forum will have some users who upgrade to 9 and other users who will stay with 8.x I wonder if it might not be a good idea for future George script posts to identify in the subject line which version(s) of TVPaint the script is (are) for?

for example:
for TVP 9 only
or
for TVP 8.x and 9

Sven
Manuel

Post by Manuel »

The version 1.1 is available. Download it from first post.
It should work fine with TVP 8 and 9.
Manuel
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Works now with 8.6, thanks again!
Zetariver

Post by Zetariver »

This script is really useful and I always use it. Thank you Manuel. But this script has a flaw.
You use this script and try to pick color with left mouse button and If you click a place where there is no color(R 0 G 0 B A 0) or click the tool panel or something that has no color, this script gets color R 0 G 0 B 0 and it's alpha value is 1%. I always didn't notice I picked this almost transparent black color and painted the canvas with it, and I couldn't draw anything, and I was like "What's wrong?" for several seconds.

So I modded this script and added a safeguard. If you click blank area that has no color, you have to click again. You have 4 attempts to pick color and if you can't pick, this script terminates and does nothing, so you won't get that almost transparent black color( R0 G0 B0 A1) and accidentally spoil your drawing with it.
PickColorAplha modded.grg
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
furushil

Post by furushil »

How can I implement this into a button?
Should I open this with a text program and copy and paste the script?
Is this working with TVPaint 10? If not, is there something similar for TVPaint 10?

ok, I figured it out
Last edited by furushil on 12 May 2016, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

This idea is superuseful, I have been looking for a button/option like this.

There is just one thing that doesn't work well for me; both of the scripts above only pick the color if you are on layer with the color on it, not if you are, for example, on a layer above, like the standard color picker in TVP does. It'd be ideal if the was a script that would behave like the standard color button, where the RMB would pick the color and the LMB would pick the Color Alpha (the true color without alpha).

Would that be possible to make, or is there already something like this available in TVP 11?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM