watercolor and artwork

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
ZigOtto

Re: watercolor and artwork

Post by ZigOtto »

hisko wrote:What does the wet button do exactly?
afaik, it modifies the painting intensity in regard of the opacity of the brush, or something like that,
in other words, it works like if you pre-apply an alpha-curve fx on the custombrush.
hisko wrote:... I can see more texture, but it also appears lighter in the 3d example.
of course, modifying the alpha of the brush modifies the opacity of the painting applied, but we can counterbalance this by teaking the opacity profile conjunctively.
hisko wrote:... Could you please upload the optimized brush with the A profile and the B profile (and shift on 0%) with the same icon?
OK, here's three variations added to your original "optimised" one,
the possible setting combinations are endless, so tweak and keep only those which seems to have an interest to you.
:wink:
Attachments
wetcolor.tvpx
(587.5 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
WetProfileVariation.png
WetColorCP.zip
(106.86 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
hisko

Post by hisko »

Thanks a lot, Zig, they look even more natural.
I'll try them out tomorrow.
hisko

Post by hisko »

Ooops, I forgot to say that in order to use this brush as a watercolorbrush, the layer should be in 'multiply' blendingmode, so that all artwork, lines in the layers underneath it are fully visible..
hisko

Post by hisko »

Hi Zig0tto,

I imported your panel in my custompanel with all my customized tools, and it overwrote them. Is there any way I can get them back? I'm sure there is, but I don't know where and how to find it.
The tvpx format should change this complicated stuff, but I wasn't able to open your tvpx files.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

arghhh... :oops: ... mac or pc ?
if you had followed my previous instruction to load the NEW custom panel,
you wouldn't have overwritten any existing custom panel .
ZigOtto wrote:... just RMB click the CP button, at the bottom of the popup menu "Open a New Toolbar",
then browse and choose the . bin file, and "OK". that's it.
your old custom panel isn't in the list anymore when you RMB click the open/close custom panel button ???
if it's still here, just select it, also, (maybe) it could be hidden/overlaped underneath an other CP,
click twice the CP button to Close All/Open All panels,
have you already quit tvpa ? if not, try to backup the config file before to quit.
(since we have lost the "save config" option in the Quit requester with the V.9, I don't know how/when the config file is updated/overwritten now).

personnally, for security, I always export my created custom panels on a HD, as often as I tweak or modify one and find it valuable.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Thanks to both of you for the nice watercolor brushes.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Mildly off topic

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

(since we have lost the "save config" option in the Quit requester with the V.9, I don't know how/when the config file is updated/overwritten now).
I just noticed this yesterday! ZigO, Could you please briefly describe, for the benefit of many of us here I believe, how one should use the "Save Project as Template" feature in V 9? When do you save your favorite settings under a name so that it ends up in the left side of the Settings Panel, and when and why do you save under the project's name so that it ends up on the right side, under "From File".

I can't quite figure out the intended purposes of these two windows. Although I enjoy their functionality I often feel that I'm not using the saves in the proper way and needlessly cluttering up the two windows .
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
hisko

Post by hisko »

ZigOtto wrote:arghhh... :oops: ... mac or pc ?
if you had followed my previous instruction to load the NEW custom panel,
you wouldn't have overwritten any existing custom panel .
ZigOtto wrote:... just RMB click the CP button, at the bottom of the popup menu "Open a New Toolbar",
then browse and choose the . bin file, and "OK". that's it.
your old custom panel isn't in the list anymore when you RMB click the open/close custom panel button ???
if it's still here, just select it, also, (maybe) it could be hidden/overlaped underneath an other CP,
click twice the CP button to Close All/Open All panels,
have you already quit tvpa ? if not, try to backup the config file before to quit.

personnally, for security, I always export my created custom panels on a HD, as often as I tweak or modify one and find it valuable.
Yes, I should have read your post better, but I was acting in my usual unhealthy hurry.
Anyhow, I think this shouldn't be able to happen. TVP allows something to be overwritten without warning!
I am lucky that I have part of this large custompanel in my laptop, so I will export it from there.
When the tvpx files work right, it will be a big improvement, because this is a drag.
hisko

Post by hisko »

I just exported my old custompanel from my laptop as .tvpx and installed it in my other version of tvp and it worked fine.
So I don't know why I couldn't install your .tvpx file.

Anyhow, I tried your brushes and I am sure that their high contrast and paperstructure are usable in artwork, but for my way of working my own brush is more satisfactory. The paperstructure should only be slightly visible just to 'feel' it.
Thanks for optimizing it (forgot that, because my very fast computer doesn't have any speedproblems).
hisko

Post by hisko »

Here's three paintings that I just did with two new TVPaint-brushes that have been designed by Malcooning (altering a brush that was once made by Zig0tto, correct me if I'm wrong).
One of the brushes feels like oilpaint or gouache, the other one is a very good watercolor look alike.
I'm sure he will post them some day, so everyone can use them.
I made the paintings in approximatly 2,5 hours each, without any photographic reference.
You can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them.
Attachments
go back to anatomyclass.jpg
bob ross eat your heart out1.jpg
poor devil.jpg
Last edited by hisko on 20 Aug 2008, 20:58, edited 5 times in total.
hisko

Post by hisko »

and another one, where you can see some of the watercolor brush too.
Attachments
enge man.jpg
enge man.jpg (54.2 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
hisko

Post by hisko »

Here's a little painting I did in 25 minutes.
I recorded it with TVPaint's drawingrecorder.
The zipfile contains an .AVI that shows the paintingprocess.

When I have more time I will record a more oilpaint-like painting, but for me this digital painting is really something I have to do in my sparetime and I prefer the pub now and than.
Attachments
jajajaja.jpg
jajajaja.zip
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 169 times
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

keep them come in. :D
your "jajajaja" demo-recording is very instructive, and inspiring as well. 8)
hisko

Post by hisko »

Here's another speedpainting made in tvpaint with the new, not yet available 'waterbrushes'.
I made it as a selfportrait, looking in a large mirror. It's not me really. In real life I am 1.2 times more handsome. Really. Call in the groupies.
Attachments
portraitsmall.jpg
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Very nice brush strokes and color mixing. Are you satisfied enough to drop painting your backgrounds on real canvases from now on?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet