How to install stuff on Mac OSX?

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
slowtiger

How to install stuff on Mac OSX?

Post by slowtiger »

So I downloaded wonderful new stuff from this section, but don't know where to put it to get it to work!

On MacOS, I have to look inside the TVP "package". OK. There's that folder "Resources". But inside of that are folders like "data" and "plugins" and a "plugins" folder inside of "data" ... And which parts do I have to install? The cutBrush Tools.tvpx file? The cutBrush Tools.tvpx Folder? Or do I have to move its contents to different places?

The manual is of no use for this questions. So, where do I put my config.txt, .dip, .data, .bin, .grg and whatever files?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: How to install stuff on Mac OSX?

Post by Hervé »

Just drop .tvpx files on a running TVP.
Other old custom panels format ( .bin and .data ) must be loaded with Windows->Custom Panels->Open New Tool bar
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

hi-
i'm still unclear as to how to use the old mirage salon and natural media brushes in tvp 8.6.2 on a mac. if i shift click on a brush panel i get the option to open a load a new tool bar, which i guess is the equivalent to herve's 'windows>custom panels>open new toolbar', an option i don't have in my pulldown menu. but rather than navigate to where the live in my old copy of mirage, i should obviously store them somewhere in tvp but the folders use a different setup. so- can anyone tell me where they go exactly, and which folders; will the whole 'natural media' folder be dropped into the new location as is? or should i select files from it?
thanks all,
charlie
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

also, when i download malcoonings and sewies brushes, the folders called Water%20Color%20Brushes-1.tvpx and Sewie%27s%20Brush%20attempts.tvpx respectively, and drag them onto a running tvp workspace, as suggested above, i get an error msg: "cfilebasic read error : 21 : is a directory. bad file".

aaand i don't know what that means.

further suggestions?
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Did you use Safari ?

I've downloaded sewie's brushes with firefox and I haven't any problem. I've just tried with Safari and I've got a folder .tvpx (with the same name of your), not the file called "sewie's brush" (that I've got with firefox).

Edit : Ok, we've found the problem ^^After downloading your file with Safari, click on the .tar file and change the "Sewie%27s%20Brush%20attempts.tvpx.tar" into "Sewie%27s%20Brush%20attempts.tvpx"

I think you won't have problem any more =)
thearts

Post by thearts »

i wanted to ask about old versions and newer versions of tv paint.

so .bin files can only be install and add on to older versions , and .tvpx files can only be install and add on to the newer versions right ?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You can still use the .bin on the old and new versions.

The .tvpx can only be used by TVP Animation 9.5 (since the 8.6 version) and .tvpx are really more efficient than the .bin =) (only one file, no more directory and dip files)
thearts

Post by thearts »

thanks for clearing that up.